Re: UDR56K-4 current draw / fuse

Tom Saunders <n7oep@...>

E.F. Johnson used them for many years on their commercial land mobile radios in the 1980s and 1990s. Don't know if they still do or not.
Tom n7oep

Sent from my iPhone (I think)

On Apr 15, 2013, at 11:37 AM, "k7udr" <bhhoyer@...> wrote:

I note that no radio manufacturer uses power-poles nor do they appear in any automotive, marine, aviation or appliance applications that I am aware of. I have used them and the experience has been similar to what others have reported.

The physical contact on the RAST-5 is identical to the contacts in the familiar T-Connector found on many VHF/UHF Mobile Radios. I prefer board mount connectors over pig-tails from a manufacturing perspective.

In a pinch anyone with a standard crimp tool and a couple of female quick connects can build a reliable power cable for the UDR. As John stated, please use the connector of your choice on the other end, be it power-pole, cigarette lighter etc...

Bryan - K7UDR