Re: Software interface to UDR56K

Marshall Denny <MarshallDenny@...>

Hello,
I am interested in several project using the udr56k.

The first is testing several types of forward error correction at the higher speeds.

I what to find what works best so that we can use 56k bps under a wider range of rf conditions.  When we used 56k packet back east years ago, it was to temperamental for    general use.  I hope that a little or a lot of FEC will solve this problem.

For starters I would like to try a combination of LDPC and reed -solomon if the processor board has the throughput to do these in realtime.

Using a basic amount of FEC at lower speeds for packet could give us a guess if a higher speed is likely to work.

Respectfully,
Marshall
AI4CM

On Mon, Apr 29, 2013 at 4:13 PM, John <john@...> wrote:

Hi Marshall,

Everyone is heads down leading up to Dayton.

What type of software are you planning.  It may help us understand what priorities our customers have for writing software?

--
Respectfully,
W. Marshall Denny II

For if you altogether hold your peace at this time,
then shall relief and deliverance arise to the Jews from another place;
but you and your father's house shall be destroyed:
and who knows whether you are come to the kingdom for such a time as this?  Esther 4:14 KJV