Re: TCP/IP Over Packet

"John D. Hays" <john@...>

You will be able to use DD on the UDR either as an Ethernet bridge (with TCP/IP as the encapsulated protocol) or setup each UDR as a router with the DD bridge between them.

The router approach is better if you need to manage traffic due to link speed.

We'll have application notes for this at release, but yes you can bridge networks over DD.

On Thu, May 30, 2013 at 10:18 AM, Steve <ve7cbh@...> wrote:

Your comment about D-star DD for TCP/IP interests me. Being a D-star newby, how difficult will it be to setup a TCP/IP bridge between two network segments (on the same subnet)using the UDR?

Steve
VE7CBH