Re: TCP/IP Over Packet

"avignonmimi@..." <avignonmimi@...>

I'm scratching my head for memory, but I seem to recall setting the MTU to 4 times the PACLEN so that only one TCP and one AX.25 overhead packet was sent, and the other 3 packets were just data. This was for JNOS to JNOS. That was a real advantage of VC (connected mode on JNOS).

Course that feature would gag a netrom or rose switch, ha.

--- In UniversalDigitalRadio@..., "Curt, WE7U" <curt.we7u@...> wrote:

I seem to remember that we were using 1024-byte packets over 9600 baud in the Seattle area on TCP/IP back in the early 90's, and UI frames.

As soon as I get a box in my hand I'll be trying to do the same or better on 56k.