Re: Frequencies, Band Plans and other annoyances

"avignonmimi@..." <avignonmimi@...>

East and West coasts could be a problem with Navy/USAF radars. The USAF created a UHF ham-free zone around the west coast Pave Paw radar.

Kantronics built their data radio for the 430 band back in the 90's, to keep it out of narrow band repeater space. Most common catalog ham antennas are cut for 440 though, so you had to buy more expensive satellite antennas, or build your own.

It would be nice if someone made a circular polarized antenna with a left or a right pattern, so they could be used terrestrially.

--- In UniversalDigitalRadio@..., "k7udr" <bhhoyer@...> wrote:

As we move forward to deployment, it occurs to me that the landscape for operating frequencies is anything but stable.