Re: Frequencies, Band Plans and other annoyances

"Douglas" <dperv27@...>

Here in Connecticut, we don't have a published 70cm Band Plan. I've asked for our Spectrum Manager for his input, but he is out of town on business and will discuss with me when he returns. I suggested we adopt the Northern California Band Plan:

http://ncpa.n0ary.org/overall_70_cm_band_plan.pdf

More info to follow..

--73 de N1OBU (Doug)(FN41AN)

--- In UniversalDigitalRadio@..., "k7udr" <bhhoyer@...> wrote:

As we move forward to deployment, it occurs to me that the landscape for operating frequencies is anything but stable.

Here in Western Washington we have 19 - 25kHz simplex channels designated as packet, of which only 3 are contiguous, such that we could use them as a 100kHz high speed channel.

We also have 3 pairs designated as packet repeaters.

What are your thoughts on how to deploy the UDR in your area, particularly once we move past the current 4800 NB and 9600 baud rate limitations.

Bryan - K7UDR