Re: No 2m but still an APRS igate?

Perry Chamberlain <canoeman@...>

The 440 aprs packet frequency used is 445.925. In some areas, its dead quiet, in some its packed.
But there are 440 freqs to use aprs. It just means you have better propagation, no collisions and as long as your igated, it goes to the WEB apr IS.

Respectfully

Perry Chamberlain

On May 22, 2012, at 9:11 AM, Sander Pool <sander_pool@...> wrote:

Hi,

the radio looks interesting but without a 2m radio how could it
reasonably be an APRS igate? I realize you can run APRS on many
frequencies but it's not much use running an igate when no one is using
your frequency. I'm asking because APRS is listed on the flyer. Actually
it seems 2m is a more popular packet frequency for winlink2k as well but
at least in that case there is no agreed upon frequency so you can run
one on 70cm.

Thanks,

Sander W1SOP