Re: Feature Creep

"John D. Hays" <john@...>

These type of signals are what Bryan is looking for -- I would just add that the UDR also runs in the 430 band, so they can have significant separation (in frequency domain) from repeater receivers (and transmitters).

E.g. if it is colocated on a site with a 444.9+ repeater [receiver at 449.9] and runs at 433.9, that is 16 mHz from the receiver and 11 mHz from the transmitter of the repeater.  2-3X the separation of the typical duplex pair.

[Please don't jump all over the use of particular frequencies, they are simply for illustration purposes.]

On Tue, Dec 3, 2013 at 9:31 AM, Tom Hayward <esarfl@...> wrote:

On Tue, Dec 3, 2013 at 8:05 AM, Bryan Hoyer <bhhoyer@...> wrote:
> TX inhibit
> * This will allow colocation of the UDR at a site with a 440 Voice Repeater

I see the TX inhibit input, but not the TX active output. Say I put
two of these at a site. How do I keep them from TXing at the same
time?

You use the colocated voice repeater example... maybe I want to
disable my repeater while the data radio is transmitting, not the
other way around :-)

What really excites me about a data radio like this is sampling the
receiver directly. I don't care if you implement any protocols before
selling it to me; I just want the SDR. I'm one of the guys who checked
the "Linux experimenter" box.

Will you add the receiver sampling specs to the datasheet?

Tom KD7LXL