Re: No 2m but still an APRS igate?

Sander Pool <sander_pool@...>

I will tune my igate to 445.925 and see what I pick up over the next few days. Near as I can tell all local (CT/NY area) users are on 144.390 but maybe I'm missing out on a lot of traffic. I will also run my mobiles on that frequency to see if any other igates are listening. I don't think igates announce their frequency but if non-144.390 is common in the US it should probably be included so you can see on aprs.fi and other servers.

73,

    Sander W1SOP

On 5/22/2012 2:01 PM, Perry Chamberlain wrote:

The 440 aprs packet frequency used is 445.925. In some areas, its dead quiet, in some its packed.
But there are 440 freqs to use aprs. It just means you have better propagation, no collisions and as long as your igated, it goes to the WEB apr IS.