Re: Question on TX/RX antenna ports

Bryan Hoyer <bhhoyer@...>

Jim,

I'm just wrapping up some time critical engineering work.

First of next week, I'll publish the block diagram of our antenna switch with both options and then I can address your question better.

Thanks,
Bryan

On Jan 23, 2014, at 10:20 AM, Jim Kusznir <jkusznir@...> wrote:

Hi all:

I have a quick question on the implementation of the separate TX and RX ports on the UDRX:  I realize its half-duplex, so will there still be T/R switching internally to protect against tx rf coming back on the rx port?

My application is for a mountain application where a circulator is required on the tx output.  Typically for these radios, I mod them to intercept the TX path prior to the T/R switch and break them out to the circulator/bandpass cavity, then back in.  I then use the T/R switch and its single antenna connector to connect to the input antenna (which is used both for RX and TX).

So, in the case of the UDR with separate TX/RX ports, would I be able to simply split the incoming antenna and run it into the RX port directly, and take the other side and run it through the circulator/band pass filter?  Or will there be an output to drive an external T/R switch?  How would you recommend me using it in that configuration?

Thanks!
--Jim