Re: Webmail Clients

Bill Vodall <wa7nwp@...>

On Wed, Mar 12, 2014 at 9:05 AM, Bryan Hoyer <bhhoyer@...> wrote:
When using email over RF either peer to peer or winlink a mail client is required.

We support POP3 and IMAP so you may use your favorite standard email client such as Outlook, AppleMail or Thunderbird.

In order to have a configuration free app we also have a webmail client pre-installed on the UDR. Currently we're using Neomail and it is perfectly satisfactory. However it is no longer actively supported.

There are some advanced features that I believe will be important in the future such as:

* Markdown Support
Interesting that you mention Markdown - it appears to be showing up more..

* Authentication
* BBS Style Bulletins
Didn't you mean to say NNTP? That's how the cool BBS's (like JNOS
and BPQ) deal with Bulletins.

http://squirrelmail.org/plugin_view.php?id=112

SquirrelMail and Horde look interesting.

What are your thoughts on Webmail Clients? Debian packages strongly preferred.
Been using SquirrelMail for many years and will be going back to it as
I get away from G-stuff.

The WL2K folks have an Webmail on Windows setup but I can't find it
right now in my non-notes...

To follow on with what Tom said - get the hardware out and working -
we'll do the apps...

Bill, WA7NWP