Re: Webmail Clients

Bryan Hoyer <bhhoyer@...>

Yes, IQ via UDP will be supported for "soft modem" development.

On Mar 12, 2014, at 9:57 AM, Tom Hayward <esarfl@...> wrote:

On Wed, Mar 12, 2014 at 9:35 AM, <bhhoyer@...> wrote:

> when you say "linked via ethernet" I assume you mean SSH?
>
> and by "modem" you mean KISS?

I was thinking more like TCP/IP. Maybe Linux AX25 for the 9600 stuff,
though I'm not a huge fan of AX25. SSH is a layer 7 protocol; a modem
should convert between layer 1 and layer 2.

I already have TNCs that can convert 9600 AX25 to KISS. I don't need
another. I'm hoping for a software-defined modem where I can
experiment with protocols that use FEC and speeds greater than 9600
bps. Eventually I'd like to add this protocol support into the modem,
but for now I would be happy sending IQ data to and from the modem via
UDP.

Tom KD7LXL