Re: Webmail Clients

Mathison Ott <mathisono@...>

Some of the ee, students are interested in the unit. After our 87+ licensing exam last week. Is any one around in the bay area that could give a talk about the devise?

73 kj6dzb mathison

On Mar 12, 2014 10:34 AM, "Bill Vodall" <wa7nwp@...> wrote:

> when you say "linked via ethernet" I assume you mean SSH?

IP - SSH maybe for local (non RF - after all it's HAM Radio) admin but
it won't be needed. Plug in the box. It does a DHCP query on the
network to get an address and it's on the air.

> and by "modem" you mean KISS?

For legacy packet operation - the RF side will show simply as an
interface on the Linux AX25 stack. All of the applications and even
TCP/IP come from there.

You should never have to deal with KISS. There is a NET2KISS shim
from the AX25 stack that provides a virtual KISS port to applications
that need it.

Bill, WA7NWP