Re: DV3000 going International

"John D. Hays" <john@...>

The AMBE 3000 chip in the DV3000 is capable of encoding and decoding P25 Phase 2 Half Rate.

However, the AMBE stream would need to be extracted from the datastream of the P25 Phase 2 and sent to the DV3000.  A discriminator tap would permit a demodulator for P25 to be attached to extract the datastream, then software would need to extract the AMBE stream for decoding.

So the answer is yes, but there is a lot that needs to be created to make it a reality.  I am not aware of anyone doing this work yet.

On Thu, Jul 17, 2014 at 10:12 AM, 'flightresq@...' flightresq@... [UniversalDigitalRadio] <UniversalDigitalRadio@...> wrote:

I have an analog scanner that covers up to 800 MHz. If I tap the discriminator, will this device decode P 25 phase 2?
Thanks.

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android