Re: Codec2

Matthew Pitts <daywalker_blade_2004@...>

David,

Not intentionally, by any means; I was discussing a way to link Codec2 and D-Star with Tony VK3JED and Kristoff ON1ARF last fall or winter. I recently thought of finding a way to do this with open-source Echolink clients and D-Star, but haven't had time to experiment with it (working 56 hours a week tends to do things like that). Maybe you and I can work together instead of duplicating each other's efforts.

Matthew Pitts
N8OHU

------------------------------

On Tue, May 22, 2012 7:40 PM EDT David Lake (dlake) wrote:

OK now you're talking politics.

I do have a bridge running between D-Star and Echolink, but there are some admin areas that need to be fixed especially around identification.

The audio quality is actually surprisingly good (unless the incoming Echolink is from a repeater that has not filtered it's CTCSS tone out sufficiently in which case it is HORRIBLE).

It's not a production´┐Ż system purely for me to play with.

David

From: UniversalDigitalRadio@... [mailto:UniversalDigitalRadio@...] On Behalf Of Matthew Pitts
Sent: Tuesday, May 22, 2012 5:31 PM
To: UniversalDigitalRadio@...
Subject: Re: [UniversalDigitalRadio] Re: Codec2

Not directly, no. It is possible to communicate between them with software acting as a bridge between the two, though I haven't actually written the application that will do so. I am also thinking of allowing for normal voice; the D-Star Protocol does include a bridge that allows analogue voice and callsign routing, but this hasn't been implemented by Icom, nor has Jonathan done so, to my knowledge.

Matthew Pitts

N8OHU

Join main@nw-digital-radio.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.