Re: Codec2

Matthew Pitts <daywalker_blade_2004@...>

David,

Not intentionally, by any means; I was discussing a way to link Codec2 and D-Star with Tony VK3JED and Kristoff ON1ARF last fall or winter. I recently thought of finding a way to do this with open-source Echolink clients and D-Star, but haven't had time to experiment with it (working 56 hours a week tends to do things like that). Maybe you and I can work together instead of duplicating each other's efforts.

Matthew Pitts
N8OHU

On Tue, May 22, 2012 7:40 PM EDT David Lake (dlake) wrote:

OK now you're talking politics.

I do have a bridge running between D-Star and Echolink, but there are some admin areas that need to be fixed especially around identification.

The audio quality is actually surprisingly good (unless the incoming Echolink is from a repeater that has not filtered it's CTCSS tone out sufficiently in which case it is HORRIBLE).

It's not a production´┐Ż system purely for me to play with.

David