Re: GPIO versus USB on the 3000

"John D. Hays" <john@...>

On Mon, Dec 15, 2014 at 1:01 PM, mb7usm@... [UniversalDigitalRadio] <UniversalDigitalRadio@...> wrote:

Can I presume the dv3000 u replaces the older blue and red dvd dongle for d-star and the functionality is pretty much the same? will be good on the simplex node / pi. But also good when travelling connected to the laptop.

ThumbDV™ is a newer, more capable, and less expensive alternative to the 'blue dongle', it is not a replacement for a 'red' dongle (DVAP).  It does not directly provide RF connectivity.

This will work for simplex by the looks of it which is ideal for my UK simplex node mb7ism.
Can do an analogue to d-star gateway, maybe in the future DMR.

Replacing irlp-echo-link, I wonder if you can use dtmf to control which reflector you connect to or which repeater.

Jonathan's (G4KLX) ircDDBGateway supports DTMF linking and unlinking.  It sits behind DummyRepeater (speaker/microphone) or RF solutions (UDRX-440, DVMega, DVRPTR V1, DVAP, GMSK Modem, soundcard GMSK, ...) See Yahoo! Forum ircDDBGateway for capabilities and configurations.

Can you also access the data side of d-star, run something like d-rats?

Yes, depending on front end (long discussion, better addressed in groups such as Yahoo! pcrepeatercontroller). DV data lives inside the stream.

Thanks so much happy afternoon

James kg7efv

__._,_._