Modifying the Design

"John D. Hays" <john@...>

Josh,

Keeping this short :)

1. The radio side has a very small part count and very high integration.  For the most part, moving to another band has to do with some discrete components and the PA module.  I'm sure some enterprising person will figure out "unsupported" mods.  This radio expects logic level digital in and out, we aren't taking things to audio level at all, the analog in it is at the antenna :)  The computer side and radio side are separable if one wanted to really dig into building something to replace the radio.

2. It may be possible to "hack" in a serial interface if a user really feels the need.  But remember there is no need for any external TNC, etc. except in special circumstances -- one can add them, but the radio does most functions internally.  One of the goals is to keep it an attractive price, so we try to minimize the extra add-ons that turn it into a duckbill platypus.

Thanks for your input, enthusiasm, and support. I welcome suggestions and they will be taken into consideration, however we do have an aggressive goal and at this point in time, I'm inclined to work toward delivery of the product we have presented.

One of our principles is to listen to the user community and to be as responsive and open as possible, with the caveat that some of our team members still have "day jobs" and other obligations :)

I would rather be open about what we are or can do, than to promise everything and deliver little of it.

On Tue, May 22, 2012 at 7:05 PM, Joshua Mesilane <josh@...> wrote:

Hi John,

Thanks for the quick reply.

To avoid this getting too big I'll snip out the bits I'd like to add further comment/clarification to.

Interesting to hear your thoughts. As I said, I do think that this in a fantastic product, and keep in mind this is only my opinion - nothing more.

Cheers,
Josh