Re: 44 addresses / JNOS 56K / Gateway Security ?

"John D. Hays" <john@...>

Don and Paul,

The current system for requesting address space is through http://portal.ampr.org

According to https://portal.ampr.org/networks.php Canada is administered by

44.135.0.0 / 16 CANADA Luc Pernot [VE3JGL]

I am the administrator for Puget Sound on the US side (Western Washington).  There are several networks allocated, the largest being a microwave based system at http://hamwan.org

There will certainly be UDRx(s) in the address space, including on San Juan and Lopez Islands. You will see from the pre-order map for UDRx that Puget Sound is slated for many units. http://nwdigitalradio.com/udrmap (zoom in).

On Wed, Feb 25, 2015 at 12:48 PM, Don Poaps va7dgp@... [UniversalDigitalRadio] <UniversalDigitalRadio@...> wrote:

Paul

Don't hold your Breathe. Bob Ve7wnk. Don't quite remember his call was my contact. He is administrator on 44 group. He didn't even know he was administer..

I gave up and went to use Linbpq and using their nodes to pass mail and Winlink.

Don
Va7dgp

On Wednesday, February 25, 2015, ve7dhm@... [UniversalDigitalRadio] <UniversalDigitalRadio@...> wrote:

Who else, if anyone, plans to use 44 address scheme in the Pacific North West around the Puget Sound?

I have a allocation request in but it seems to take awhile...still waiting.

Has any testing been done using JNOS with the 56K speed configuration option?

Gateway security - is this a concern for discussion.  Assign static IPs to users, DHCP server, map IPs to

MACs considering a TCP/IP environment?

Paul VE7DHM

--
Don Poaps