Re: 44 addresses / JNOS 56K / Gateway Security ?

Don Poaps <va7dgp@...>

John

I'm on the mailing list. In the portal it showed as the one for BC as he got the 44net for BCwarn.

I'm just cooling my jets until there's documention on how to setup with Linbpq

Don va7dgp

On Wednesday, February 25, 2015, 'John D. Hays' john@... [UniversalDigitalRadio] <UniversalDigitalRadio@...> wrote:

Don and Paul,

The current system for requesting address space is through http://portal.ampr.org

According to https://portal.ampr.org/networks.php Canada is administered by

44.135.0.0 / 16 CANADA Luc Pernot [VE3JGL]

I am the administrator for Puget Sound on the US side (Western Washington).  There are several networks allocated, the largest being a microwave based system at http://hamwan.org

There will certainly be UDRx(s) in the address space, including on San Juan and Lopez Islands. You will see from the pre-order map for UDRx that Puget Sound is slated for many units. http://nwdigitalradio.com/udrmap (zoom in).

On Wed, Feb 25, 2015 at 12:48 PM, Don Poaps va7dgp@... [UniversalDigitalRadio] <UniversalDigitalRadio@...> wrote:

Paul

Don't hold your Breathe. Bob Ve7wnk. Don't quite remember his call was my contact. He is administrator on 44 group. He didn't even know he was administer..

I gave up and went to use Linbpq and using their nodes to pass mail and Winlink.

Don
Va7dgp

On Wednesday, February 25, 2015, ve7dhm@... [UniversalDigitalRadio] <UniversalDigitalRadio@...> wrote:

Who else, if anyone, plans to use 44 address scheme in the Pacific North West around the Puget Sound?

I have a allocation request in but it seems to take awhile...still waiting.

Has any testing been done using JNOS with the 56K speed configuration option?

Gateway security - is this a concern for discussion.  Assign static IPs to users, DHCP server, map IPs to

MACs considering a TCP/IP environment?

Paul VE7DHM

--
Don Poaps