Re: How Open? How Free? OpenBSD? NetBSD?

"Tyrell Jentink, KD7KUJ" <tyrell@...>

>Otherwise, I must assume that you have a Raspberry Pi situation.

What's wrong with the Raspberry Pi? The best I can tell, this sums it up well, and I don't see a real problem: http://www.raspberrypi.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=55777&p=422729

Don't get me wrong, I hate Broadcom and ARM Holdings as much as the next guy, and I'm aware of the bugs in the OpenGL ES implementation, but I also recognize that I, as a mere mortal, can't do anything about it: I don't have the capability to cast a new die that fixes those problems, so I don't have to care. I guess it would be nice to be able to find said bugs and tell Broadcom how to fix them, but I don't need that capability to write cool software.