Re: How open are we?

myyahoo@...

OK, but in this case I believe that we're talking about making software available. :-)

My main point was that anyone (especially a commercial venture) who is getting themselves into a licencing situation should seek legal guidance to reduce the possibility of unintended future side effects. (With legal mumbo-jumbo, I'm convinced that it's impossible to completely eliminate *all* side effects - that's what keeps lawyers in Lamborghinis!)

My $WORK has a whole legal department to handle these issues - and even then they've had to clean up the company's act on occasion, especially after major acquisitions. I know that we avoid certain kinds of licences because the requirements don't meet our business objectives.

- Richard, VE7CVS