From: "Jonathan Naylor naylorjs@... [UniversalDigitalRadio]"
To: "UniversalDigitalRadio@..."
Sent: Sunday, March 29, 2015 1:13 PM
Subject: Re: [UniversalDigitalRadio] 44 addresses / JNOS 56K / Gateway Security ?

Why does it matter?

As an open source developer, my main concern is having a sane development and run-time environment. The purpose of the OS is to disguise all of the details of the hardware and provide abstractions for them. The fact that a video chip or anything else is closed is of no matter as long as it works with our OS of choice.

Your purist viewpoint is the antithesis of actually getting things done, which is the main purpose of most things that we do as amateurs.

Jonathan  G4KLX