Re: Open Source Hardware...

"William Stillwell - KI4SWY" <wkstill@...>

the comment “ … doesn’t exist” is in accurate.

Ardruino is very open source hardware. (all the way down to the boot loader, and development packages)

Fpga projects can be open source as well.

UDR is not open source hardware, it supports open source software development.

Unlike 99% of all “node adapters” are 100% closed software development.

Yes, no chip manufacture is going to give you there chip secrets, but they sure are going to tell you how you can use it.