Date   
Out of stock!

Dave Phelps
 

Any eta for replenishment on the draw?

DRAWS next batch?

 

I guess I am late to the party, when is the next run for the DRAWS?

 73

   David

Re: DRAWS next batch?

 

Re: Out of stock!

 

On Nov 21, 2018, at 4:29 AM, Dave Phelps <dave.phelps@...> wrote:

Any eta for replenishment on the draw?

Re: DRAWS next batch?

John MacDonald <john@...>
 

Bryan.... did you get my email last week?  I do not have any forwarding in my netgear router.
Do I need to add forwarding of some kind for my 70cm D-STAR and for the 2m DSTAR that you still have?

Our club is really wanting to get the 2m DSTAR module going, but, if we can get a newer module, we're willing to wait a bit.  

John, K4BR





‐‐‐‐‐‐‐ Original Message ‐‐‐‐‐‐‐

On Wednesday, November 21, 2018 10:33 AM, Bryan Hoyer <bhhoyer@...> wrote:



Re: DRAWS next batch?

 

Hi John,

I did. But I’ve been swamped with the DRAWS project.

Email me next week and we’ll get you finished up.

Thanks,
Bryan K7UDR

On Nov 21, 2018, at 7:39 AM, John MacDonald <john@...> wrote:

Bryan.... did you get my email last week?  I do not have any forwarding in my netgear router.
Do I need to add forwarding of some kind for my 70cm D-STAR and for the 2m DSTAR that you still have?

Our club is really wanting to get the 2m DSTAR module going, but, if we can get a newer module, we're willing to wait a bit.  

John, K4BR





‐‐‐‐‐‐‐ Original Message ‐‐‐‐‐‐‐
On Wednesday, November 21, 2018 10:33 AM, Bryan Hoyer <bhhoyer@...> wrote:




Re: DRAWS Workstation (Turnkey version)

Randy Hall
 

HI

I am wondering if Winlink along with the WinMore modem works on the Pi? A Pi with the DRAWs hat would make a neat  HF field package.

Randy, K7AGE

On Tue, Nov 20, 2018 at 7:31 PM <ve7fmn@...> wrote:

Tnx bro

 

From: main@nw-digital-radio.groups.io <main@nw-digital-radio.groups.io> On Behalf Of John D Hays - K7VE
Sent: Tuesday, November 20, 2018 5:59 PM
To: main@nw-digital-radio.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nw-digital-radio] DRAWS Workstation (Turnkey version)

 

It will be announced on our website and in these forums. 

 

On Tue, Nov 20, 2018, 17:34 <ve7fmn@... wrote:

OK, I have two pis waiting for a task, so please advise when the cases are online.

Cheers, Fred

 

From: main@nw-digital-radio.groups.io <main@nw-digital-radio.groups.io> On Behalf Of John D Hays - K7VE
Sent: Tuesday, November 20, 2018 3:08 PM
To: main@nw-digital-radio.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nw-digital-radio] DRAWS Workstation (Turnkey version)

 

 

 

On Tue, Nov 20, 2018 at 3:03 PM <ve7fmn@...> wrote:

Hi John.

I ordered a Draws but maybe I should have waited?

Fred VE7FMN

Is there an upgrade route?

 

 

You will be able to obtain the image (an alpha, then beta) shortly - it is a matter of a download and placing it on an SD card.  When the cases become available you will be able to purchase one for your board.   

 

The workstation is an integration of the board, case, etc. along with the Pi, but each component can be obtained separately.

--

 


John D. Hays
Edmonds, WA

K7VE

 

   

 

Re: DRAWS Workstation (Turnkey version)

Jerome Kutche <n9lya@...>
 

Winmor only runs under WINOWS..

I run all my stuff under LinBPQ or in the case of a Pi PiLinbpq

There is a version of ARDOP that will run on a Pi. ARDOPC  I believe John G9BPQ has a ARDOPC 1 and an ARDOPC 2

Or you can run PiLinBPQ and control Winmor on a remote PC. This is how I run WINMOR ARDOP AND VARA. On a Remote Windows PC.. and its controlled by the Linux Server I have that runs LinBPQ…

 

73 jerry N9LYA

 

From: main@nw-digital-radio.groups.io <main@nw-digital-radio.groups.io> On Behalf Of Randy Hall
Sent: Wednesday, November 21, 2018 4:05 PM
To: main@nw-digital-radio.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nw-digital-radio] DRAWS Workstation (Turnkey version)

 

HI

 

I am wondering if Winlink along with the WinMore modem works on the Pi? A Pi with the DRAWs hat would make a neat  HF field package.

 

Randy, K7AGE

 

On Tue, Nov 20, 2018 at 7:31 PM <ve7fmn@...> wrote:

Tnx bro

 

From: main@nw-digital-radio.groups.io <main@nw-digital-radio.groups.io> On Behalf Of John D Hays - K7VE
Sent: Tuesday, November 20, 2018 5:59 PM
To: main@nw-digital-radio.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nw-digital-radio] DRAWS Workstation (Turnkey version)

 

It will be announced on our website and in these forums. 

 

On Tue, Nov 20, 2018, 17:34 <ve7fmn@... wrote:

OK, I have two pis waiting for a task, so please advise when the cases are online.

Cheers, Fred

 

From: main@nw-digital-radio.groups.io <main@nw-digital-radio.groups.io> On Behalf Of John D Hays - K7VE
Sent: Tuesday, November 20, 2018 3:08 PM
To: main@nw-digital-radio.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nw-digital-radio] DRAWS Workstation (Turnkey version)

 

 

 

On Tue, Nov 20, 2018 at 3:03 PM <ve7fmn@...> wrote:

Hi John.

I ordered a Draws but maybe I should have waited?

Fred VE7FMN

Is there an upgrade route?

 

 

You will be able to obtain the image (an alpha, then beta) shortly - it is a matter of a download and placing it on an SD card.  When the cases become available you will be able to purchase one for your board.   

 

The workstation is an integration of the board, case, etc. along with the Pi, but each component can be obtained separately.

--

 


John D. Hays
Edmonds, WA

K7VE

 

   

 

Re: DRAWS Workstation (Turnkey version)

AE7G
 

Give me a call on my cell 206 920 7072



Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone


-------- Original message --------
From: Randy Hall <listk7age@...>
Date: 11/21/18 1:15 PM (GMT-08:00)
To: main@nw-digital-radio.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nw-digital-radio] DRAWS Workstation (Turnkey version)

HI

I am wondering if Winlink along with the WinMore modem works on the Pi? A Pi with the DRAWs hat would make a neat  HF field package.

Randy, K7AGE

On Tue, Nov 20, 2018 at 7:31 PM <ve7fmn@...> wrote:

Tnx bro

 

From: main@nw-digital-radio.groups.io <main@nw-digital-radio.groups.io> On Behalf Of John D Hays - K7VE
Sent: Tuesday, November 20, 2018 5:59 PM
To: main@nw-digital-radio.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nw-digital-radio] DRAWS Workstation (Turnkey version)

 

It will be announced on our website and in these forums. 

 

On Tue, Nov 20, 2018, 17:34 <ve7fmn@... wrote:

OK, I have two pis waiting for a task, so please advise when the cases are online.

Cheers, Fred

 

From: main@nw-digital-radio.groups.io <main@nw-digital-radio.groups.io> On Behalf Of John D Hays - K7VE
Sent: Tuesday, November 20, 2018 3:08 PM
To: main@nw-digital-radio.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nw-digital-radio] DRAWS Workstation (Turnkey version)

 

 

 

On Tue, Nov 20, 2018 at 3:03 PM <ve7fmn@...> wrote:

Hi John.

I ordered a Draws but maybe I should have waited?

Fred VE7FMN

Is there an upgrade route?

 

 

You will be able to obtain the image (an alpha, then beta) shortly - it is a matter of a download and placing it on an SD card.  When the cases become available you will be able to purchase one for your board.   

 

The workstation is an integration of the board, case, etc. along with the Pi, but each component can be obtained separately.

--

 


John D. Hays
Edmonds, WA

K7VE

 

   

 

locked DRAWS battery #battery #draws

ki7huo@...
 

Received my DRAWS hat today.

Didn’t get much info - are there instructions anywhere? It did not come with a battery although it looks like it takes one?

Tim

locked Re: DRAWS battery #battery #draws

 

There should have been an insert directing you to the support page 

*Batteries not included.  
The battery is a non-rechargeable CR1220 3V Lithium cell, which can be locally sourced. (From GPSD Setup Wikipage)

To get started, review the support page, and for now, the thread located here.

Followups should go to the UDRC and DRAWS sub-group.

Show US Your DRAW Photos

David [kg5eiu]
 

Photos and Images/Gallery of DRAWS board, projects and more 



Link To My DRAW Gallery Here 

73!!  David (KG5EIU) 

#Photo

Re: Show US Your DRAW Photos

Steve
 

Can you set up publicly viewable flag on that gallery?

Thanks,
Steve
(still waiting in the order backlog)


David [kg5eiu] via Groups.Io wrote on 11/28/18 7:46 AM:

Photos and Images/Gallery of DRAWS board, projects and more
Link To My DRAW Gallery Here ( https://www.flickr.com/gp/davidcappello/LC19st )
73!!  David (KG5EIU)
#Photo

Re: Show US Your DRAW Photos

 

I just posted the link on our website without issue.

David, I should have contacted you first.

Mea Culpa,
Bryan K7UDR

On Nov 28, 2018, at 8:13 AM, Steve <yahoo-udr@...> wrote:

Can you set up publicly viewable flag on that gallery?

Thanks,
Steve
(still waiting in the order backlog)


David [kg5eiu] via Groups.Io wrote on 11/28/18 7:46 AM:
Photos and Images/Gallery of DRAWS board, projects and more
Link To My DRAW Gallery Here ( https://www.flickr.com/gp/davidcappello/LC19st )
73!! David (KG5EIU)
#Photo

Re: Show US Your DRAW Photos

David [kg5eiu]
 

Yes - set for public viewing.   

Re: DRAWS Workstation (Turnkey version)

ve7fmn
 

Perhaps a silly question, but will the new image support the earlier udrc-2 hat?

Re: DRAWS Workstation (Turnkey version)

 

Yes - just configuration file changes, e.g. in /boot/config.txt

On Wed, Nov 28, 2018 at 9:10 AM <ve7fmn@...> wrote:
Perhaps a silly question, but will the new image support the earlier udrc-2 hat?



--


John D. Hays
Edmonds, WA
K7VE

   

Re: Show US Your DRAW Photos

Robert Sears
 

I just realized they made the same mistake on the DRAWS as they did on the UDRC series.

The mini-din connectors are on the same side as they were on the UDRC. This means if you try to use one on the "Smarti-Pi" cases with the touchscreen and hinged base the cables will be in the way just like they are with the UDRC.

Oh well looks like I will have to remove the connectors like I did on the UDRC2

Robert/KF7VOP

Re: Show US Your DRAW Photos

Herb Weiner
 

Or, you could 3D Print these Pi Stand Extenders (or order them 3D Printed for you) from Thingiverse. These are perfect for the Smarti-Pi case with my UDRC, and they should work with DRAWS as well.

Herb

On Nov 28, 2018, at 11:51 AM, Robert Sears <kf7vop@...> wrote:

I just realized they made the same mistake on the DRAWS as they did on the UDRC series.

The mini-din connectors are on the same side as they were on the UDRC. This means if you try to use one on the "Smarti-Pi" cases with the touchscreen and hinged base the cables will be in the way just like they are with the UDRC.

Oh well looks like I will have to remove the connectors like I did on the UDRC2

Robert/KF7VOP

Re: Show US Your DRAW Photos

 

Thanks Herb, that is something I was hoping to find. 

The location of connectors is limited by the GPIO location and the HAT standard form factor. 

On Wed, Nov 28, 2018, 12:11 Herb Weiner <herbw@... wrote:
Or, you could 3D Print these Pi Stand Extenders (or order them 3D Printed for you) from Thingiverse. These are perfect for the Smarti-Pi case with my UDRC, and they should work with DRAWS as well.

Herb

On Nov 28, 2018, at 11:51 AM, Robert Sears <kf7vop@...> wrote:

I just realized they made the same mistake on the DRAWS as they did on the UDRC series.

The mini-din connectors are on the same side as they were on the UDRC. This means if you try to use one on the "Smarti-Pi" cases with the touchscreen and hinged base the cables will be in the way just like they are with the UDRC.

Oh well looks like I will have to remove the connectors like I did on the UDRC2

Robert/KF7VOP