Date   
Re: MMDVM & UDRC

Annaliese McDermond
 

Dan --

I’m still working on the code to get things running, but I’m not quite there yet. I’ve gotten sidetracked by some DRAWS issues that I’m running down for the team. Thanks for trying things out, though, it’s nice to have some folks to test and see if things are running correctly.

--
Annaliese McDermond (NH6Z)
nh6z@...

On Dec 29, 2018, at 12:10 PM, Dan Porter (AI2M) <groups@...> wrote:

Hi Anna,

I noticed several recent GitHub updates. Am I missing something obvious or are there still some things to be worked out?

When I start MMDVM-UDRC it appears ok…

pi@udrc:~/MMDVM-UDRC $ sudo ./MMDVM
Virtual pty: /dev/pts/2 <> /dev/ttyMMDVM0
Opened hw:CARD=udrc,DEV=0 hw:CARD=udrc,DEV=0 Rate 48000

But MMDVMHost fails like this:

pi@udrc:~/MMDVMHost $ sudo ./MMDVMHost MMDVM.ini
I: 2018-12-29 19:38:11.296 This software is for use on amateur radio networks only,
I: 2018-12-29 19:38:11.297 it is to be used for educational purposes only. Its use on
I: 2018-12-29 19:38:11.297 commercial networks is strictly prohibited.
I: 2018-12-29 19:38:11.297 Copyright(C) 2015-2018 by Jonathan Naylor, G4KLX and others
M: 2018-12-29 19:38:11.297 MMDVMHost-20180916 is starting
M: 2018-12-29 19:38:11.297 Built 11:47:45 Dec 29 2018 (GitID #5de3bee)
I: 2018-12-29 19:38:11.298 General Parameters
I: 2018-12-29 19:38:11.298 Callsign: AI2M
I: 2018-12-29 19:38:11.298 Id: xxxxxxx04
I: 2018-12-29 19:38:11.298 Duplex: no
I: 2018-12-29 19:38:11.298 Timeout: 180s
I: 2018-12-29 19:38:11.298 D-Star: enabled
I: 2018-12-29 19:38:11.299 DMR: disabled
I: 2018-12-29 19:38:11.299 YSF: disabled
I: 2018-12-29 19:38:11.299 P25: disabled
I: 2018-12-29 19:38:11.299 NXDN: disabled
I: 2018-12-29 19:38:11.299 POCSAG: disabled
I: 2018-12-29 19:38:11.299 Modem Parameters
I: 2018-12-29 19:38:11.300 Port: /dev/ttyMMDVM0
I: 2018-12-29 19:38:11.300 Protocol: uart
I: 2018-12-29 19:38:11.300 RX Invert: no
I: 2018-12-29 19:38:11.300 TX Invert: yes
I: 2018-12-29 19:38:11.300 PTT Invert: no
I: 2018-12-29 19:38:11.300 TX Delay: 100ms
I: 2018-12-29 19:38:11.300 RX Offset: 0Hz
I: 2018-12-29 19:38:11.301 TX Offset: 0Hz
I: 2018-12-29 19:38:11.301 RX DC Offset: 0
I: 2018-12-29 19:38:11.301 TX DC Offset: 0
I: 2018-12-29 19:38:11.301 RF Level: 100.0%
I: 2018-12-29 19:38:11.301 DMR Delay: 0 (0.0ms)
I: 2018-12-29 19:38:11.301 RX Level: 50.0%
I: 2018-12-29 19:38:11.301 CW Id TX Level: 50.0%
I: 2018-12-29 19:38:11.301 D-Star TX Level: 50.0%
I: 2018-12-29 19:38:11.301 DMR TX Level: 50.0%
I: 2018-12-29 19:38:11.302 YSF TX Level: 50.0%
I: 2018-12-29 19:38:11.302 P25 TX Level: 50.0%
I: 2018-12-29 19:38:11.302 NXDN TX Level: 50.0%
I: 2018-12-29 19:38:11.302 POCSAG TX Level: 50.0%
I: 2018-12-29 19:38:11.302 RX Frequency: 145650000Hz (145650000Hz)
I: 2018-12-29 19:38:11.302 TX Frequency: 146650000Hz (146650000Hz)
M: 2018-12-29 19:38:11.303 Opening the MMDVM
E: 2018-12-29 19:38:11.303 Cannot get the control attributes for /dev/ttyMMDVM0

Followed by this in MMDVM-UDRC:

Slave disconnected, reopening master
Virtual pty: /dev/pts/2 <> /dev/ttyMMDVM0

This is on a working DStarRepeater system with the dstarrepeaterd service disabled.

I’m just fooling around with it in my spare time out of curiosity. I don’t have a real need for it otherwise.

I’ll admit I don’t understand the Pseudo TTY part very well.

Thanks,
Dan - AI2M

On 7 Dec 2018, at 1:01, Annaliese McDermond wrote:

Dan --

Because I’m trying to get my repeater up and running again, and would like to use MMDVM-UDRC to do so, I’ve been doing some work on getting MMDVM-UDRC to work. My code is in the nwdigitalradio github account at:

https://github.com/nwdigitalradio/MMDVM-UDRC

You’re welcome to play with it with the understanding that it’s development code, may not work at all. I’m getting close to having things possibly working acceptably.

An issue you’ll have to deal with is that mmdvm-udrc expects a 24000 sample rate. The UDRC hardware doesn’t support this and if you try to use hw:CARD=udrc,DEV=0 it will fail complaining on not being able to send sample rate. You might try using plughw:CARD=udrc,DEV=0 instead. I’m using a custom asound.conf to support it.

More as I get things worked out.

--
Annaliese McDermond (NH6Z)
nh6z@...

On Dec 6, 2018, at 4:51 AM, Dan Porter (AI2M) groups@... wrote:

Hi Rich,

Did you eventually manage to get it working?
I was thinking of trying again with my UDRC.

73, Dan - AI2M

On Jul 6, 2018, at 3:05 PM, Rich KR4PI @KR4PI wrote:

Thanks John, that helped but there were still a few errors along the way:

g++ -g -O3 -Wall -std=c++0x -pthread -c -o Biquad.o Biquad.cpp
g++ -g -O3 -Wall -std=c++0x -pthread -c -o CalDMR.o CalDMR.cpp
g++ -g -O3 -Wall -std=c++0x -pthread -c -o CalDStarRX.o CalDStarRX.cpp
g++ -g -O3 -Wall -std=c++0x -pthread -c -o CalDStarTX.o CalDStarTX.cpp
g++ -g -O3 -Wall -std=c++0x -pthread -c -o CalNXDN.o CalNXDN.cpp
g++ -g -O3 -Wall -std=c++0x -pthread -c -o CalP25.o CalP25.cpp
g++ -g -O3 -Wall -std=c++0x -pthread -c -o CWIdTX.o CWIdTX.cpp
g++ -g -O3 -Wall -std=c++0x -pthread -c -o DMRDMORX.o DMRDMORX.cpp
g++ -g -O3 -Wall -std=c++0x -pthread -c -o DMRDMOTX.o DMRDMOTX.cpp
g++ -g -O3 -Wall -std=c++0x -pthread -c -o DMRSlotType.o DMRSlotType.cpp
g++ -g -O3 -Wall -std=c++0x -pthread -c -o DStarRX.o DStarRX.cpp
g++ -g -O3 -Wall -std=c++0x -pthread -c -o DStarTX.o DStarTX.cpp
DStarTX.cpp: In member function ‘void CDStarTX::txHeader(const uint8_t*, uint8_t*) const’:
DStarTX.cpp:382:7: warning: this ‘if’ clause does not guard... [-Wmisleading-indentation]
if (d & 0x08U)
^~
DStarTX.cpp:384:9: note: ...this statement, but the latter is misleadingly indented as if it is guarded by the ‘if’
i++;
^
g++ -g -O3 -Wall -std=c++0x -pthread -c -o FIR.o FIR.cpp
g++ -g -O3 -Wall -std=c++0x -pthread -c -o FIRInterpolator.o FIRInterpolator.cpp
g++ -g -O3 -Wall -std=c++0x -pthread -c -o IO.o IO.cpp
g++ -g -O3 -Wall -std=c++0x -pthread -c -o IOUDRC.o IOUDRC.cpp
g++ -g -O3 -Wall -std=c++0x -pthread -c -o MMDVM.o MMDVM.cpp
g++ -g -O3 -Wall -std=c++0x -pthread -c -o NXDNRX.o NXDNRX.cpp
g++ -g -O3 -Wall -std=c++0x -pthread -c -o NXDNTX.o NXDNTX.cpp
g++ -g -O3 -Wall -std=c++0x -pthread -c -o P25RX.o P25RX.cpp
g++ -g -O3 -Wall -std=c++0x -pthread -c -o P25TX.o P25TX.cpp
g++ -g -O3 -Wall -std=c++0x -pthread -c -o POCSAGTX.o POCSAGTX.cpp
g++ -g -O3 -Wall -std=c++0x -pthread -c -o SampleRB.o SampleRB.cpp
g++ -g -O3 -Wall -std=c++0x -pthread -c -o SerialController.o SerialController.cpp
g++ -g -O3 -Wall -std=c++0x -pthread -c -o SerialPort.o SerialPort.cpp
g++ -g -O3 -Wall -std=c++0x -pthread -c -o SerialRB.o SerialRB.cpp
g++ -g -O3 -Wall -std=c++0x -pthread -c -o SoundCardReaderWriter.o SoundCardReaderWriter.cpp
SoundCardReaderWriter.cpp: In member function ‘virtual void CSoundCardWriter::entry()’:
SoundCardReaderWriter.cpp:479:85: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned integer expressions [-Wsign-compare]
le ((ret = ::snd_pcm_writei(m_handle, m_samples + offset, nSamples - offset)) != (nSamples - offset)) {
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
g++ -g -O3 -Wall -std=c++0x -pthread -c -o Thread.o Thread.cpp
g++ -g -O3 -Wall -std=c++0x -pthread -c -o Utils.o Utils.cpp
g++ -g -O3 -Wall -std=c++0x -pthread -c -o YSFRX.o YSFRX.cpp
g++ -g -O3 -Wall -std=c++0x -pthread -c -o YSFTX.o YSFTX.cpp
g++ Biquad.o CalDMR.o CalDStarRX.o CalDStarTX.o CalNXDN.o CalP25.o CWIdTX.o DMRDMORX.o DMRDMOTX.o DMRSlotType.o DStarRX.o DStarTX.o FIR.o FIRInterpolator.o IO.o IOUDRC.o MMDVM.o NXDNRX.o NXDNTX.o P25RX.o P25TX.o POCSAGTX.o SampleRB.o SerialController.o SerialPort.o SerialRB.o SoundCardReaderWriter.o Thread.o Utils.o YSFRX.o YSFTX.o -g -lpthread -lasound -lwiringPi -o MMDVM

it did complete the compile. When I attempt ./MMDVM is receive the following:

Link does not exist: /dev/pts/1 <> ttyMMDVM0
Error creating symlink from /dev/pts/1 to ttyMMDVM0
Unable to open serial port on vpty: ttyMMDVM0

I am assuming this indicates that it is not properly configured for the UDRC. That is what I will be exploring next.

Thanks for the help
Rich, KR4PI


Current Beta & Beta7 Image's

Todd
 

What's the difference between the two? Also, can I load the image without having the HAT yet? Or should I wait?
Thanks,

Re: Current Beta & Beta7 Image's

 

It is the same file.  A script could always pull current beta and not need to know which beta number is current. 


On Mon, Jan 7, 2019, 15:33 Todd via Groups.Io <ic7461=yahoo.com@groups.io wrote:
What's the difference between the two? Also, can I load the image without having the HAT yet? Or should I wait?
Thanks,

delevery date #draws

mary laurent
 

Hi,
I would like to know the delivery date for draws hat?

best regards
Laurent
 

FLMSG / FLAMP

Dave Phelps
 

Are FLMSG and/or FLAMP included with the fldigi portion of the install?
Dave

Re: FLMSG / FLAMP

Gayland Gump
 

I didn't see them, but I also didn't look hard.

Gayland
KG7GCF


On Sat, Jan 19, 2019 at 6:36 PM Dave Phelps <dave.phelps@...> wrote:
Are FLMSG and/or FLAMP included with the fldigi portion of the install?
Dave

Re: FLMSG / FLAMP

 

They are on the to be added list.

Bryan K7UDR

Re: delevery date #draws

 

Looks like end of Jan first of Feb at this point.

Thanks,
Bryan K7UDR

Re: delevery date #draws

John MacDonald <john@...>
 

So, Brian, am I finally going to get a working version of the UDRC or ??? and a case for 145.23 MHz?

There is nothing in my netgear NightHawk router mentioning either UDRC. Do I need to add something?

John MacDonald, K4BR
706-466-5646



‐‐‐‐‐‐‐ Original Message ‐‐‐‐‐‐‐

On Monday, January 21, 2019 11:28 AM, Bryan Hoyer <@K7UDR> wrote:

Looks like end of Jan first of Feb at this point.

Thanks,
Bryan K7UDR

Re: delevery date #draws

 

Yes John.

I just need to figure out why your UHF Machine works without port forwarding and you need to give me the IP address of the existing machine so the new one can reference it.

Bryan

On Jan 21, 2019, at 8:59 AM, John MacDonald <john@...> wrote:

So, Brian, am I finally going to get a working version of the UDRC or ??? and a case for 145.23 MHz?

There is nothing in my netgear NightHawk router mentioning either UDRC. Do I need to add something?

John MacDonald, K4BR
706-466-5646



‐‐‐‐‐‐‐ Original Message ‐‐‐‐‐‐‐
On Monday, January 21, 2019 11:28 AM, Bryan Hoyer <@K7UDR> wrote:

Looks like end of Jan first of Feb at this point.

Thanks,
Bryan K7UDR




Re: delevery date #draws

John MacDonald <john@...>
 

Okay, Bryan...

I hope all of the info you need is attached - One .pdf file and one .jpg file.

Please let me know if you need additional info.

Are you going to send an "old" UDRC or one of the new boxes?

John MacDonald




‐‐‐‐‐‐‐ Original Message ‐‐‐‐‐‐‐

On Monday, January 21, 2019 12:14 PM, Bryan Hoyer <@K7UDR> wrote:

Yes John.

I just need to figure out why your UHF Machine works without port forwarding and you need to give me the IP address of the existing machine so the new one can reference it.

Bryan

On Jan 21, 2019, at 8:59 AM, John MacDonald john@... wrote:
So, Brian, am I finally going to get a working version of the UDRC or ??? and a case for 145.23 MHz?
There is nothing in my netgear NightHawk router mentioning either UDRC. Do I need to add something?
John MacDonald, K4BR
706-466-5646
‐‐‐‐‐‐‐ Original Message ‐‐‐‐‐‐‐
On Monday, January 21, 2019 11:28 AM, Bryan Hoyer @K7UDR wrote:

Looks like end of Jan first of Feb at this point.
Thanks,
Bryan K7UDR

Re: delevery date #draws

John MacDonald <john@...>
 

Just caught a mistake in the router .pdf: Range on both repeaters is 50 miles or about 85 km.

Sorry.

John




‐‐‐‐‐‐‐ Original Message ‐‐‐‐‐‐‐

On Monday, January 21, 2019 5:30 PM, John MacDonald <john@...> wrote:

Okay, Bryan...

I hope all of the info you need is attached - One .pdf file and one .jpg file.

Please let me know if you need additional info.

Are you going to send an "old" UDRC or one of the new boxes?

John MacDonald

‐‐‐‐‐‐‐ Original Message ‐‐‐‐‐‐‐
On Monday, January 21, 2019 12:14 PM, Bryan Hoyer @K7UDR wrote:

Yes John.
I just need to figure out why your UHF Machine works without port forwarding and you need to give me the IP address of the existing machine so the new one can reference it.
Bryan

On Jan 21, 2019, at 8:59 AM, John MacDonald john@... wrote:
So, Brian, am I finally going to get a working version of the UDRC or ??? and a case for 145.23 MHz?
There is nothing in my netgear NightHawk router mentioning either UDRC. Do I need to add something?
John MacDonald, K4BR
706-466-5646
‐‐‐‐‐‐‐ Original Message ‐‐‐‐‐‐‐
On Monday, January 21, 2019 11:28 AM, Bryan Hoyer @K7UDR wrote:

Looks like end of Jan first of Feb at this point.
Thanks,
Bryan K7UDR

Re: delevery date #draws

 

Looks good John,

I’m returning your original board because it has the 15 Pin Connector you need.

Bryan

On Jan 21, 2019, at 2:30 PM, John MacDonald <john@...> wrote:

Okay, Bryan...

I hope all of the info you need is attached - One .pdf file and one .jpg file.

Please let me know if you need additional info.

Are you going to send an "old" UDRC or one of the new boxes?

John MacDonald




‐‐‐‐‐‐‐ Original Message ‐‐‐‐‐‐‐
On Monday, January 21, 2019 12:14 PM, Bryan Hoyer <bhhoyer@...> wrote:

Yes John.

I just need to figure out why your UHF Machine works without port forwarding and you need to give me the IP address of the existing machine so the new one can reference it.

Bryan

On Jan 21, 2019, at 8:59 AM, John MacDonald john@... wrote:
So, Brian, am I finally going to get a working version of the UDRC or ??? and a case for 145.23 MHz?
There is nothing in my netgear NightHawk router mentioning either UDRC. Do I need to add something?
John MacDonald, K4BR
706-466-5646
‐‐‐‐‐‐‐ Original Message ‐‐‐‐‐‐‐
On Monday, January 21, 2019 11:28 AM, Bryan Hoyer bhhoyer@... wrote:

Looks like end of Jan first of Feb at this point.
Thanks,
Bryan K7UDR







<Netgear7800-portforwarding-January2019.JPG><Netgear7800-UDRC_router_settings-january2019.pdf>

Re: delevery date #draws

John MacDonald <john@...>
 

Thanks, Bryan!




‐‐‐‐‐‐‐ Original Message ‐‐‐‐‐‐‐

On Tuesday, January 22, 2019 3:22 PM, Bryan Hoyer <bhhoyer@...> wrote:

Looks good John,

I’m returning your original board because it has the 15 Pin Connector you need.

Bryan

On Jan 21, 2019, at 2:30 PM, John MacDonald <john@...> wrote:

Okay, Bryan...

I hope all of the info you need is attached - One .pdf file and one .jpg file.

Please let me know if you need additional info.

Are you going to send an "old" UDRC or one of the new boxes?

John MacDonald




‐‐‐‐‐‐‐ Original Message ‐‐‐‐‐‐‐
On Monday, January 21, 2019 12:14 PM, Bryan Hoyer <bhhoyer@...> wrote:

Yes John.

I just need to figure out why your UHF Machine works without port forwarding and you need to give me the IP address of the existing machine so the new one can reference it.

Bryan

On Jan 21, 2019, at 8:59 AM, John MacDonald john@... wrote:
So, Brian, am I finally going to get a working version of the UDRC or ??? and a case for 145.23 MHz?
There is nothing in my netgear NightHawk router mentioning either UDRC. Do I need to add something?
John MacDonald, K4BR
706-466-5646
‐‐‐‐‐‐‐ Original Message ‐‐‐‐‐‐‐
On Monday, January 21, 2019 11:28 AM, Bryan Hoyer bhhoyer@... wrote:

Looks like end of Jan first of Feb at this point.
Thanks,
Bryan K7UDR







<Netgear7800-portforwarding-January2019.JPG><Netgear7800-UDRC_router_settings-january2019.pdf>

Re: delevery date #draws

Dave Phelps
 

Well, I'm getting kind of excited!
Dave

New Case for RPi, DRAWS and 7 inch LCD - Looking for testers

Steve Goyette
 

Hello,

VE7KGV and I designed a case to allow use of the DRAWS Hat with a Raspberry Pi and 7 inch LCD but have no way to test it because we haven't gotten a DRAWS board to play with (Hopefully in the next couple of weeks).  As a result we've only been able to design this from the spec sheet.  The full design is on Thingiverse here https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3387482

There are pictures there as well.

Would love any input you have on how to improve this design.

Thanks,

Steve and Kevin
VE7GOY/VE7KGV

Re: New Case for RPi, DRAWS and 7 inch LCD - Looking for testers

Daniel Tickell
 

I am happy to print one of these up in the next day or so and give feedback :)


Daniel (KM6MZM)

On Mon, Jan 28, 2019 at 9:19 AM <steve@...> wrote:
Hello,

VE7KGV and I designed a case to allow use of the DRAWS Hat with a Raspberry Pi and 7 inch LCD but have no way to test it because we haven't gotten a DRAWS board to play with (Hopefully in the next couple of weeks).  As a result we've only been able to design this from the spec sheet.  The full design is on Thingiverse here https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3387482

There are pictures there as well.

Would love any input you have on how to improve this design.

Thanks,

Steve and Kevin
VE7GOY/VE7KGV

Re: New Case for RPi, DRAWS and 7 inch LCD - Looking for testers

Steve Goyette
 

Awesome! Thank you!

Re: New Case for RPi, DRAWS and 7 inch LCD - Looking for testers

Kenny Richards
 

Steve,

Could you forward the link to which LCD display you are using?

Thanks,

Kenny
KU7M

Re: New Case for RPi, DRAWS and 7 inch LCD - Looking for testers

Steve Goyette
 
Edited

This is using the official Raspberry Pi 7" LCD touchscreen.  https://www.raspberrypi.org/products/raspberry-pi-touch-display/