Date   
Re: [New post] Sample Cases Have Arrived for DRAWS™ Workstation

Daniel Corwin
 

What is being done with the case to minimize the RFI being produced by the PI? 

newbie question #draws

Douglas
 

My draws hat came in the mail today.  Where do i put the sd card for the hat itself?

Thanks

Re: [New post] Sample Cases Have Arrived for DRAWS™ Workstation

Dave Amos <damos54@...>
 

What material is used?

On 3/23/2019 1:38 PM, Daniel Corwin wrote:
What is being done with the case to minimize the RFI being produced by the PI? 

Re: newbie question #draws

Craig Gilbreath
 

What was your order date?

On Sat, Mar 23, 2019, 15:59 Douglas KI7LIK <KI7LIK.AZ@...> wrote:
My draws hat came in the mail today.  Where do i put the sd card for the hat itself?

Thanks

 

 

Re: newbie question #draws

 

The SD Card goes in the Raspberry Pi -- the software runs on the Pi to drive the DRAWS™ HAT.


On Sat, Mar 23, 2019 at 1:59 PM Douglas KI7LIK <KI7LIK.AZ@...> wrote:
My draws hat came in the mail today.  Where do i put the sd card for the hat itself?

Thanks



--


John D. Hays
Edmonds, WA
K7VE

   

Re: newbie question #draws

Douglas
 

Thank you.

KI7LIK
Granada Estates Neighborhood Watch

On Sat, Mar 23, 2019, 14:06 John D Hays - K7VE <john@...> wrote:
The SD Card goes in the Raspberry Pi -- the software runs on the Pi to drive the DRAWS™ HAT.


On Sat, Mar 23, 2019 at 1:59 PM Douglas KI7LIK <KI7LIK.AZ@...> wrote:
My draws hat came in the mail today.  Where do i put the sd card for the hat itself?

Thanks



--


John D. Hays
Edmonds, WA
K7VE

   

Re: newbie question #draws

Douglas
 

I have a pi that i already have an sd card with the os loaded.  Would i be able to either put another partition to the current card, write a new card or how will it work?

KI7LIK
Granada Estates Neighborhood Watch

On Sat, Mar 23, 2019, 14:06 John D Hays - K7VE <john@...> wrote:
The SD Card goes in the Raspberry Pi -- the software runs on the Pi to drive the DRAWS™ HAT.


On Sat, Mar 23, 2019 at 1:59 PM Douglas KI7LIK <KI7LIK.AZ@...> wrote:
My draws hat came in the mail today.  Where do i put the sd card for the hat itself?

Thanks



--


John D. Hays
Edmonds, WA
K7VE

   

Re: newbie question #draws

 

Your simplest path is to burn a new SD card with the image from.  http://images.nwdigitalradio.com/downloads/


BTW, send follow ups to udrc@...

On Sat, Mar 23, 2019 at 2:30 PM Douglas KI7LIK <KI7LIK.AZ@...> wrote:
I have a pi that i already have an sd card with the os loaded.  Would i be able to either put another partition to the current card, write a new card or how will it work?

KI7LIK
Granada Estates Neighborhood Watch

On Sat, Mar 23, 2019, 14:06 John D Hays - K7VE <john@...> wrote:
The SD Card goes in the Raspberry Pi -- the software runs on the Pi to drive the DRAWS™ HAT.


On Sat, Mar 23, 2019 at 1:59 PM Douglas KI7LIK <KI7LIK.AZ@...> wrote:
My draws hat came in the mail today.  Where do i put the sd card for the hat itself?

Thanks



--


John D. Hays
Edmonds, WA
K7VE

   



--


John D. Hays
Edmonds, WA
K7VE

   

Re: newbie question #draws

 


On Sat, Mar 23, 2019 at 2:39 PM John D. Hays <john@...> wrote:
Your simplest path is to burn a new SD card with the image from.  http://images.nwdigitalradio.com/downloads/


BTW, send follow ups to udrc@...

On Sat, Mar 23, 2019 at 2:30 PM Douglas KI7LIK <KI7LIK.AZ@...> wrote:
I have a pi that i already have an sd card with the os loaded.  Would i be able to either put another partition to the current card, write a new card or how will it work?

KI7LIK
Granada Estates Neighborhood Watch

On Sat, Mar 23, 2019, 14:06 John D Hays - K7VE <john@...> wrote:
The SD Card goes in the Raspberry Pi -- the software runs on the Pi to drive the DRAWS™ HAT.


On Sat, Mar 23, 2019 at 1:59 PM Douglas KI7LIK <KI7LIK.AZ@...> wrote:
My draws hat came in the mail today.  Where do i put the sd card for the hat itself?

Thanks



--


John D. Hays
Edmonds, WA
K7VE

   



--


John D. Hays
Edmonds, WA
K7VE

   



--


John D. Hays
Edmonds, WA
K7VE

   

Re: newbie question #draws

Douglas
 

I thought i was.


On Sat, Mar 23, 2019 at 2:43 PM John D Hays - K7VE <john@...> wrote:

On Sat, Mar 23, 2019 at 2:39 PM John D. Hays <john@...> wrote:
Your simplest path is to burn a new SD card with the image from.  http://images.nwdigitalradio.com/downloads/


BTW, send follow ups to udrc@...

On Sat, Mar 23, 2019 at 2:30 PM Douglas KI7LIK <KI7LIK.AZ@...> wrote:
I have a pi that i already have an sd card with the os loaded.  Would i be able to either put another partition to the current card, write a new card or how will it work?

KI7LIK
Granada Estates Neighborhood Watch

On Sat, Mar 23, 2019, 14:06 John D Hays - K7VE <john@...> wrote:
The SD Card goes in the Raspberry Pi -- the software runs on the Pi to drive the DRAWS™ HAT.


On Sat, Mar 23, 2019 at 1:59 PM Douglas KI7LIK <KI7LIK.AZ@...> wrote:
My draws hat came in the mail today.  Where do i put the sd card for the hat itself?

Thanks



--


John D. Hays
Edmonds, WA
K7VE

   



--


John D. Hays
Edmonds, WA
K7VE

   



--


John D. Hays
Edmonds, WA
K7VE

   



--
Granada Estates Neighborhood Watch

Installing draws image

Douglas
 

I am stuck.  I have gotten to the point of installing it via command line, but it just keeps saying that the card is a directory.

Here is the command:
dd bs=4M if=draws_beta9.img of=/media/pi/8B6D-99CF

Error:
dd: failed to open '/media/pi/8B6D-99CF': Is a directory

This is after i have downloaded the file and unzipped it.

Thanks,



Douglas

--
Granada Estates Neighborhood Watch

Re: newbie question #draws

Douglas
 

I have the hat in hand.  The order date was sometime in december and shipped in the past week.

KI7LIK
Granada Estates Neighborhood Watch

On Sat, Mar 23, 2019, 14:02 Craig Gilbreath <w5zym73@...> wrote:
What was your order date?

On Sat, Mar 23, 2019, 15:59 Douglas KI7LIK <KI7LIK.AZ@...> wrote:
My draws hat came in the mail today.  Where do i put the sd card for the hat itself?

Thanks

 

 

Re: newbie question #draws

Douglas
 
Edited

I made a new topic to urdc.  It is awaiting moderation as i am a new member of that group.  I am very new and have learned alot about linux command line.  Thanks to everyone who does so much work in helping me and others.

Re: Installing draws image

Dave Slotter, W3DJS
 

That error message dd is giving you is correct. You can't write an image file to a directory. You need to write an image file to the device representing the flash card.

You want of=/dev/X where "X" is the  name of the device. It could be sdd or mmcblk0. You'll have to ls your /dev directory to know for sure.

Hope this helps.

73,

-Dave
 W3DJS


On Sat, Mar 23, 2019 at 8:39 PM Douglas KI7LIK <KI7LIK.AZ@...> wrote:
I am stuck.  I have gotten to the point of installing it via command line, but it just keeps saying that the card is a directory.

Here is the command:
dd bs=4M if=draws_beta9.img of=/media/pi/8B6D-99CF

Error:
dd: failed to open '/media/pi/8B6D-99CF': Is a directory

This is after i have downloaded the file and unzipped it.

Thanks,



Douglas

--
Granada Estates Neighborhood Watch

Re: Installing draws image

Douglas
 

I changed to the /dev/sdb, when i do a look up for devices, it shows sdb as the the 32 gb device, which what the card is im writing to.  The card in the pi is sixteen gb.  It gives me access denied when i do sdb.

--
Granada Estates Neighborhood Watch

Re: Installing draws image

Douglas
 

Here is what i keep getting

pi@Lakelandpi:~$ lsblk
NAME        MAJ:MIN RM  SIZE RO TYPE MOUNTPOINT
sdb           8:16   1 29.6G  1 disk
mmcblk0     179:0    0 14.9G  0 disk 
├─mmcblk0p1 179:1    0 43.8M  0 part /boot
└─mmcblk0p2 179:2    0 14.8G  0 part /
pi@Lakelandpi:~$ dd if=draws_beta9.img of=/dev/sdb bs=4M
dd: failed to open '/dev/sdb': Permission denied
pi@Lakelandpi:~$ dcfldd if=draws_beta9.img of=/dev/sdb bs=4M
bash: dcfldd: command not found
pi@Lakelandpi:~$ dd if=draws_beta9.img of=/dev/sdb bs=4M
dd: failed to open '/dev/sdb': Permission denied


I've been trying to right to sdb, it matches the sd card i have in the card reader.

when i use dd, it gives me permission denied.
 

Re: Installing draws image

Dave Slotter, W3DJS
 

Prefix the command with "sudo".


On Sat, Mar 23, 2019 at 10:59 PM Douglas KI7LIK <KI7LIK.AZ@...> wrote:
I changed to the /dev/sdb, when i do a look up for devices, it shows sdb as the the 32 gb device, which what the card is im writing to.  The card in the pi is sixteen gb.  It gives me access denied when i do sdb.

--
Granada Estates Neighborhood Watch

Re: Installing draws image

 

Try with sudo


On Sat, Mar 23, 2019, 20:12 Douglas KI7LIK <KI7LIK.AZ@...> wrote:
Here is what i keep getting

pi@Lakelandpi:~$ lsblk
NAME        MAJ:MIN RM  SIZE RO TYPE MOUNTPOINT
sdb           8:16   1 29.6G  1 disk
mmcblk0     179:0    0 14.9G  0 disk 
├─mmcblk0p1 179:1    0 43.8M  0 part /boot
└─mmcblk0p2 179:2    0 14.8G  0 part /
pi@Lakelandpi:~$ dd if=draws_beta9.img of=/dev/sdb bs=4M
dd: failed to open '/dev/sdb': Permission denied
pi@Lakelandpi:~$ dcfldd if=draws_beta9.img of=/dev/sdb bs=4M
bash: dcfldd: command not found
pi@Lakelandpi:~$ dd if=draws_beta9.img of=/dev/sdb bs=4M
dd: failed to open '/dev/sdb': Permission denied


I've been trying to right to sdb, it matches the sd card i have in the card reader.

when i use dd, it gives me permission denied.
 

Re: Installing draws image

Douglas
 

I get read only file system with sudo.

KI7LIK
Granada Estates Neighborhood Watch

On Sat, Mar 23, 2019, 20:28 John D Hays - K7VE <john@...> wrote:
Try with sudo

On Sat, Mar 23, 2019, 20:12 Douglas KI7LIK <KI7LIK.AZ@...> wrote:
Here is what i keep getting

pi@Lakelandpi:~$ lsblk
NAME        MAJ:MIN RM  SIZE RO TYPE MOUNTPOINT
sdb           8:16   1 29.6G  1 disk
mmcblk0     179:0    0 14.9G  0 disk 
├─mmcblk0p1 179:1    0 43.8M  0 part /boot
└─mmcblk0p2 179:2    0 14.8G  0 part /
pi@Lakelandpi:~$ dd if=draws_beta9.img of=/dev/sdb bs=4M
dd: failed to open '/dev/sdb': Permission denied
pi@Lakelandpi:~$ dcfldd if=draws_beta9.img of=/dev/sdb bs=4M
bash: dcfldd: command not found
pi@Lakelandpi:~$ dd if=draws_beta9.img of=/dev/sdb bs=4M
dd: failed to open '/dev/sdb': Permission denied


I've been trying to right to sdb, it matches the sd card i have in the card reader.

when i use dd, it gives me permission denied.
 

Re: Installing draws image

Dave Slotter, W3DJS
 

Make sure the volume on the card is unmounted first.


On Sat, Mar 23, 2019 at 11:31 PM Douglas KI7LIK <KI7LIK.AZ@...> wrote:
With sudo, i get read-only file system.  Does this mean that the sd card needs reformatting or...?

pi@Lakelandpi:~$ sudo dd if=draws_beta9.img of=/dev/sdb bs=4M
dd: failed to open '/dev/sdb': Read-only file system

--
Granada Estates Neighborhood Watch