Date   
Re: MicroHAMS Digital Conference - March 23, 2013

Dave <dave@...>
 

Kenny:
  Perhaps Gary Pearce KN4AQ of HamRadioNow would be interested.

Dave- WB6DHW


On 2/4/2013 10:08 PM, richark wrote:
 

Dave,

We try to record all of the talks, but I'm afraid getting them edited and posted hasn't always happen. (I'm still sitting on last years!)

If I can find someone willing to-do the editing work, I'd love to have the posted.

73,
Kenny

--- In UniversalDigitalRadio@..., Dave wrote:
>
> Any chance of videos of the conference for those of us near the left
> coast? If they could extend the Seattle network over the mountains,
> those of us in northern Idaho and eastern WA would be interested.
>
> Dave - WB6DHW
>
>
> On 2/4/2013 8:58 PM, richark wrote:
> >
> > Event information is available here: http://www.microhams.com/mhdc
> >
> > I'm happy to announce the six annual MicroHAMS Digital Conference! The
> > event is scheduled for March 23, 2013 and will again be held on the
> > Microsoft 'Studio West' campus, located in Redmond, WA. The agenda
> > this year is a little different then previous years, rather then
> > covering a wide variety of topics, it is very focus on digital networking.
> >
> > We have talks about two local efforts which are currently underway and
> > are leveraging off the shelf wireless networking technology for
> > Amateur radio. The NW-MESH effort is a spin-off of the ARRL HSMM
> > program, which has been getting lots of traction the last couple
> > months. The HamWAN project is attempting to provide a high speed
> > wireless backbone for the greater Seattle area and we'll get an update
> > on its status. Additionally the guys from NWDigitalRadio will be back
> > to give us an update on the very cool UDK56K digital transceiver,
> > which was one of the coolest things announced at Dayton last year.
> > (And we got a sneak peak at MHDC last year) Finally we'll get a run
> > down of interesting things you can do with the Raspberry Pi, which is
> > being leveraged all over ham radio since its introduction last year.
> >
> > Because of space limitations and parking requirements on the Microsoft
> > campus, we are strongly suggesting pre-registering for the event.
> > Registration is $30.00 if done prior to the event and will be $35.00
> > at the door. We have a web-based sign-up form (details below) and have
> > arranged pre-payment via the Paypal service. (No Paypal account is
> > necessary) In addition to the presentations, a demo area will be setup
> > along side the conference space and door prizes will be given away.
> >
> > Event Details
> > Date: March 23, 2013
> > Location: Redmond, WA (on the 'Studio West' Microsoft campus)
> > Time: 8:30 to 17:00+
> > Lunch: Sub sandwiches (provided)
> > After Event: Pizza Gathering (local pizza place, to be named later)
> > Cost: $30 if pre-registered and $35 at the door
> > Registration Available Now! (See the site)
> > Agenda Available on the site
> >
> > 73,
> > Kenny, KU7M


Re: MicroHAMS Digital Conference - March 23, 2013

"richark" <richark@...>
 

Dave,

We try to record all of the talks, but I'm afraid getting them edited and posted hasn't always happen. (I'm still sitting on last years!)

If I can find someone willing to-do the editing work, I'd love to have the posted.

73,
Kenny

--- In UniversalDigitalRadio@..., Dave wrote:

Any chance of videos of the conference for those of us near the left
coast? If they could extend the Seattle network over the mountains,
those of us in northern Idaho and eastern WA would be interested.

Dave - WB6DHW


On 2/4/2013 8:58 PM, richark wrote:

Event information is available here: http://www.microhams.com/mhdc

I'm happy to announce the six annual MicroHAMS Digital Conference! The
event is scheduled for March 23, 2013 and will again be held on the
Microsoft 'Studio West' campus, located in Redmond, WA. The agenda
this year is a little different then previous years, rather then
covering a wide variety of topics, it is very focus on digital networking.

We have talks about two local efforts which are currently underway and
are leveraging off the shelf wireless networking technology for
Amateur radio. The NW-MESH effort is a spin-off of the ARRL HSMM
program, which has been getting lots of traction the last couple
months. The HamWAN project is attempting to provide a high speed
wireless backbone for the greater Seattle area and we'll get an update
on its status. Additionally the guys from NWDigitalRadio will be back
to give us an update on the very cool UDK56K digital transceiver,
which was one of the coolest things announced at Dayton last year.
(And we got a sneak peak at MHDC last year) Finally we'll get a run
down of interesting things you can do with the Raspberry Pi, which is
being leveraged all over ham radio since its introduction last year.

Because of space limitations and parking requirements on the Microsoft
campus, we are strongly suggesting pre-registering for the event.
Registration is $30.00 if done prior to the event and will be $35.00
at the door. We have a web-based sign-up form (details below) and have
arranged pre-payment via the Paypal service. (No Paypal account is
necessary) In addition to the presentations, a demo area will be setup
along side the conference space and door prizes will be given away.

Event Details
Date: March 23, 2013
Location: Redmond, WA (on the 'Studio West' Microsoft campus)
Time: 8:30 to 17:00+
Lunch: Sub sandwiches (provided)
After Event: Pizza Gathering (local pizza place, to be named later)
Cost: $30 if pre-registered and $35 at the door
Registration Available Now! (See the site)
Agenda Available on the site

73,
Kenny, KU7M

_


Re: MicroHAMS Digital Conference - March 23, 2013

Dave <dave@...>
 

  Any chance of videos of the conference for those of us near the left coast?  If they could extend the Seattle network over the mountains, those of us in northern Idaho and eastern WA would be interested.

Dave - WB6DHW


On 2/4/2013 8:58 PM, richark wrote:
 

Event information is available here: http://www.microhams.com/mhdc

I'm happy to announce the six annual MicroHAMS Digital Conference! The event is scheduled for March 23, 2013 and will again be held on the Microsoft 'Studio West' campus, located in Redmond, WA. The agenda this year is a little different then previous years, rather then covering a wide variety of topics, it is very focus on digital networking.

We have talks about two local efforts which are currently underway and are leveraging off the shelf wireless networking technology for Amateur radio. The NW-MESH effort is a spin-off of the ARRL HSMM program, which has been getting lots of traction the last couple months. The HamWAN project is attempting to provide a high speed wireless backbone for the greater Seattle area and we'll get an update on its status. Additionally the guys from NWDigitalRadio will be back to give us an update on the very cool UDK56K digital transceiver, which was one of the coolest things announced at Dayton last year. (And we got a sneak peak at MHDC last year) Finally we'll get a run down of interesting things you can do with the Raspberry Pi, which is being leveraged all over ham radio since its introduction last year.

Because of space limitations and parking requirements on the Microsoft campus, we are strongly suggesting pre-registering for the event. Registration is $30.00 if done prior to the event and will be $35.00 at the door. We have a web-based sign-up form (details below) and have arranged pre-payment via the Paypal service. (No Paypal account is necessary) In addition to the presentations, a demo area will be setup along side the conference space and door prizes will be given away.

Event Details
Date: March 23, 2013
Location: Redmond, WA (on the 'Studio West' Microsoft campus)
Time: 8:30 to 17:00+
Lunch: Sub sandwiches (provided)
After Event: Pizza Gathering (local pizza place, to be named later)
Cost: $30 if pre-registered and $35 at the door
Registration Available Now! (See the site)
Agenda Available on the site

73,
Kenny, KU7M


MicroHAMS Digital Conference - March 23, 2013

"richark" <richark@...>
 

Event information is available here: http://www.microhams.com/mhdc

I'm happy to announce the six annual MicroHAMS Digital Conference! The event is scheduled for March 23, 2013 and will again be held on the Microsoft 'Studio West' campus, located in Redmond, WA. The agenda this year is a little different then previous years, rather then covering a wide variety of topics, it is very focus on digital networking.

We have talks about two local efforts which are currently underway and are leveraging off the shelf wireless networking technology for Amateur radio. The NW-MESH effort is a spin-off of the ARRL HSMM program, which has been getting lots of traction the last couple months. The HamWAN project is attempting to provide a high speed wireless backbone for the greater Seattle area and we'll get an update on its status. Additionally the guys from NWDigitalRadio will be back to give us an update on the very cool UDK56K digital transceiver, which was one of the coolest things announced at Dayton last year. (And we got a sneak peak at MHDC last year) Finally we'll get a run down of interesting things you can do with the Raspberry Pi, which is being leveraged all over ham radio since its introduction last year.

Because of space limitations and parking requirements on the Microsoft campus, we are strongly suggesting pre-registering for the event. Registration is $30.00 if done prior to the event and will be $35.00 at the door. We have a web-based sign-up form (details below) and have arranged pre-payment via the Paypal service. (No Paypal account is necessary) In addition to the presentations, a demo area will be setup along side the conference space and door prizes will be given away.

Event Details
Date: March 23, 2013
Location: Redmond, WA (on the 'Studio West' Microsoft campus)
Time: 8:30 to 17:00+
Lunch: Sub sandwiches (provided)
After Event: Pizza Gathering (local pizza place, to be named later)
Cost: $30 if pre-registered and $35 at the door
Registration Available Now! (See the site)
Agenda Available on the site

73,
Kenny, KU7M

Re: Is this still alive

"richark" <richark@...>
 

Basil,

Thanks for posting the pictures!

As I've been heard saying in the past, 'Go Faster!' ;-)

73,
Kenny

--- In UniversalDigitalRadio@..., "Basil" wrote:



--- In UniversalDigitalRadio@..., "pa3dfn" wrote:

Its now more than a month ago since the last message in this group.

Is this project still alive?

Philip pa3dfn
Hi Philip,

I've just posted 4 pics of my dev setup. You may be able to see 5 Udr56k CPU boards & a gen 1 radio board. Notice the stylish 4 card holder I use to contain my cluster. There really is daily progress on both software & hardware ... some days more progress than others.

/Basil N7NIX
*nix software guy

Re: Is this still alive

"pa3dfn" <pa3dfn@...>
 

Hi, good to see thats still alive.
Happy coding.


gr,

Philip

--- In UniversalDigitalRadio@..., Bryan Hoyer wrote:

Very much so, i will post a progress report on the website on Monday.

Bryan

Re: Is this still alive

Tom Hayward <esarfl@...>
 

On Fri, Feb 1, 2013 at 11:56 AM, Basil <basil@...> wrote:

What Android device(s) do you have?
My daily device is a Samsung Galaxy Nexus.

I may pick up a Nexus 7 or 10 soon for testing at work (I do embedded
Linux systems with app and web interfaces).

I consider the YL's Kindle Fire HD a lost cause. The Android variant
it runs is too bastardized to be useful.

Tom KD7LXL

Re: Is this still alive

"Basil" <basil@...>
 

--- In UniversalDigitalRadio@..., Tom Hayward wrote:

On Fri, Feb 1, 2013 at 10:37 AM, Basil wrote:
What a mess! These things have changed my life, or at least my desk
clutter:

http://www.amazon.com/SF-Cable-Premium-UltraFlat-Patch/dp/B0057XBYFU/

(and yes, they're very easy to crimp yourself if you want to go that
route)

Nothing like a proper length cable.

Tom KD7LXL
Thanks for the link Tom and I'll take that as a compliment.

"If a cluttered desk signs a cluttered mind, of what, then, is an empty
desk a sign?" - Albert Eintein
Yes, definitely a compliment. A cluttered desk means work is getting
done! Or at least the opposite is true--an empty desk would be
suspicious.

Latest photo is missing an android tablet.

Tom KD7LXL
Thanks Tom.

Actually the mobile thingee on the right is a ViewSonic gTablet running the Brilliant Corners ROM version of Android. Unfortunately that version doesn't support a browser with web socket capability so I had a choice of upgrading to Jelly Bean or buying a Nexus 7.
Nexus 7 is en route, better hardware, support economy, new shiny thing.

What Android device(s) do you have?

/Basil N7NIX

Re: Is this still alive

"Basil" <basil@...>
 

--- In UniversalDigitalRadio@..., "J.K. Hooper" wrote:

That's not clutter. That's being hard at work!

Hoop K9QJS
Thanks Hoop :) !

Re: Is this still alive

Tom Hayward <esarfl@...>
 

On Fri, Feb 1, 2013 at 10:37 AM, Basil <basil@...> wrote:
What a mess! These things have changed my life, or at least my desk
clutter:

http://www.amazon.com/SF-Cable-Premium-UltraFlat-Patch/dp/B0057XBYFU/

(and yes, they're very easy to crimp yourself if you want to go that
route)

Nothing like a proper length cable.

Tom KD7LXL
Thanks for the link Tom and I'll take that as a compliment.

"If a cluttered desk signs a cluttered mind, of what, then, is an empty
desk a sign?" - Albert Eintein
Yes, definitely a compliment. A cluttered desk means work is getting
done! Or at least the opposite is true--an empty desk would be
suspicious.

Latest photo is missing an android tablet.

Tom KD7LXL

Re: Is this still alive

"J.K. Hooper" <jkhooper@...>
 

That's not clutter.   That's being hard at work! 

Hoop  K9QJS 




On Feb 1, 2013, at 10:37 AM, Basil <basil@...> wrote:

Continuing on with the "messy" theme please see new photo in "Dev Software" album. The upper left 2 images of the big monitor are of dantracker, an aprs tracker. The right hand image of those 2 images is a browser version of dantracker I've been working on using web sockets. The other screen shots are of the Udr56k control software running in a browser on various devices. Please comment on the desk clutter.

/Basil N7NIX

Re: Is this still alive

"Basil" <basil@...>
 

--- In UniversalDigitalRadio@..., Tom Hayward wrote:

On Fri, Feb 1, 2013 at 8:48 AM, Basil wrote:

Hi Philip,

I've just posted 4 pics of my dev setup. You may be able to see 5 Udr56k
CPU boards & a gen 1 radio board. Notice the stylish 4 card holder I use to
contain my cluster. There really is daily progress on both software &
hardware ... some days more progress than others.

/Basil N7NIX
*nix software guy
What a mess! These things have changed my life, or at least my desk clutter:

http://www.amazon.com/SF-Cable-Premium-UltraFlat-Patch/dp/B0057XBYFU/

(and yes, they're very easy to crimp yourself if you want to go that route)

Nothing like a proper length cable.

Tom KD7LXL
Thanks for the link Tom and I'll take that as a compliment.

"If a cluttered desk signs a cluttered mind, of what, then, is an empty desk a sign?" - Albert Eintein

My custom serial cables going to my Cyclades 8 port serial adapter are a big contributor to the "look". The Ethernet cables will eventually go away as you should notice a WiFi device hanging off one of the CPU boards.

Continuing on with the "messy" theme please see new photo in "Dev Software" album. The upper left 2 images of the big monitor are of dantracker, an aprs tracker. The right hand image of those 2 images is a browser version of dantracker I've been working on using web sockets. The other screen shots are of the Udr56k control software running in a browser on various devices. Please comment on the desk clutter.

/Basil N7NIX

Re: Is this still alive

Tom Hayward <esarfl@...>
 

On Fri, Feb 1, 2013 at 8:48 AM, Basil <basil@...> wrote:

Hi Philip,

I've just posted 4 pics of my dev setup. You may be able to see 5 Udr56k
CPU boards & a gen 1 radio board. Notice the stylish 4 card holder I use to
contain my cluster. There really is daily progress on both software &
hardware ... some days more progress than others.

/Basil N7NIX
*nix software guy
What a mess! These things have changed my life, or at least my desk clutter:

http://www.amazon.com/SF-Cable-Premium-UltraFlat-Patch/dp/B0057XBYFU/

(and yes, they're very easy to crimp yourself if you want to go that route)

Nothing like a proper length cable.

Tom KD7LXL

Re: Is this still alive

"Basil" <basil@...>
 

--- In UniversalDigitalRadio@..., "pa3dfn" wrote:

Its now more than a month ago since the last message in this group.

Is this project still alive?

Philip pa3dfn
Hi Philip,

I've just posted 4 pics of my dev setup. You may be able to see 5 Udr56k CPU boards & a gen 1 radio board. Notice the stylish 4 card holder I use to contain my cluster. There really is daily progress on both software & hardware ... some days more progress than others.

/Basil N7NIX
*nix software guy

Re: Is this still alive

Bryan Hoyer <bhhoyer@...>
 

Very much so, i will post a progress report on the website on Monday.

Bryan

Is this still alive

"pa3dfn" <pa3dfn@...>
 

Its now more than a month ago since the last message in this group.

Is this project still alive?

Philip pa3dfn

Ham Radio Now TV -- Bryan and John at DCC

"John D. Hays" <john@...>
 

http://arvideonews.com/hrn/HRN_Episode_0037.html


John D. Hays
K7VE
PO Box 1223, Edmonds, WA 98020-1223 
  

Re: T/R turnaround time and PA turn on time

Reid Crowe <reid.crowe@...>
 

Thanks! What is the target for the T/R switch time?

-Reid

On Thu, Dec 6, 2012 at 4:54 PM, k7udr <bhhoyer@...> wrote:
 

I don't have final numbers yet as their is some tradeoff in the PLL loop filters of settling time vs phase noise.

Our goal is to meet the full power spec of 1.5msec.

Bryan



--- In UniversalDigitalRadio@..., "Reid" <reid.crowe@...> wrote:
>
> First, I apologize if this has already been covered and I missed it in my searching.
>
> What is the transmit receive switching time going to be?
>
> Also, how long does it take the PA to come up to full power?
>
> 73,
>
> Reid N0RC
>


Re: T/R turnaround time and PA turn on time

"k7udr" <bhhoyer@...>
 

I don't have final numbers yet as their is some tradeoff in the PLL loop filters of settling time vs phase noise.

Our goal is to meet the full power spec of 1.5msec.

Bryan

--- In UniversalDigitalRadio@..., "Reid" <reid.crowe@...> wrote:

First, I apologize if this has already been covered and I missed it in my searching.

What is the transmit receive switching time going to be?

Also, how long does it take the PA to come up to full power?

73,

Reid N0RC

T/R turnaround time and PA turn on time

"Reid" <reid.crowe@...>
 

First, I apologize if this has already been covered and I missed it in my searching.

What is the transmit receive switching time going to be?

Also, how long does it take the PA to come up to full power?

73,

Reid N0RC