Date   
Trouble With Dstar

Andy Pagoota
 

I just received and set up my ThumbDV with BlueDV software. DMR works perfectly and I love it! Dstar is another story. I can receive just fine, but for some reason when I transmit (on REF061C for example) no one can hear me and I'm not showing up in last heard (here: https://nj6n.com/dplusmon/). I'm sure it's because I've set something wrong, but can't figure out what. Any ideas?

Re: Trouble With Dstar

Michael Register
 

I'm having the same problem if you find out anything let me know.

Re: Trouble With Dstar

Andrew O'Brien
 

When I first started with Dstar I had that issue , can’t fully remember the solution but it may have been : Gateway in second mycall not set correctly 
Andy K3UK 


On Oct 21, 2018, at 10:03 AM, Michael Register via Groups.Io <gadget9503@...> wrote:

I'm having the same problem if you find out anything let me know.

Re: Trouble With Dstar

mike tabb <Kk4lyn@...>
 

If I remember correctly you have to register with dstar


On Sun, Oct 21, 2018, 7:21 AM Andy Pagoota <w4wno@...> wrote:

I just received and set up my ThumbDV with BlueDV software. DMR works perfectly and I love it! Dstar is another story. I can receive just fine, but for some reason when I transmit (on REF061C for example) no one can hear me and I'm not showing up in last heard (here: https://nj6n.com/dplusmon/). I'm sure it's because I've set something wrong, but can't figure out what. Any ideas?

Re: Trouble With Dstar

Bill Brown <w5umq@...>
 

Make sure your microphone is active!


On Sun, Oct 21, 2018 at 7:03 AM, Michael Register via Groups.Io
<gadget9503@...> wrote:
I'm having the same problem if you find out anything let me know.

Re: Trouble With Dstar

 


OK, I looked and you are registered in two locations (should only be registered in one, so contact one or the other and have them cancel your registration).  Pick one and create a terminal with a space for the terminal ID, you currently have no terminals and that is why you are not working on DPLUS reflectors or DPLUS linking to repeaters.

You are registered at https://regist.dstargateway.org and w4nyr -- see http://dstar.info/query.html

While you wait for your terminal to become active, use the XRF (or DCS) reflectors, which do not require US Trust registration. (Your callsign is your license to operate.)

XRF002A  gets a fair amount of traffic   http://xrf002.dstar.club/  (see cross linked reflectors to Module A)
--


John D. Hays
Edmonds, WA
K7VE

   

Re: Trouble With Dstar

 

Andy -- W4YNR registration URLis at https://w4nyr.metro-uhf.org/Dstar.do (BTW, let them know they can get a good SSL certificate and get rid of the security warning either from AA4RC or using https://letsencrypt.org/

On Sun, Oct 21, 2018 at 7:49 AM Bill Brown via Groups.Io <w5umq=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
Make sure your microphone is active!


On Sun, Oct 21, 2018 at 7:03 AM, Michael Register via Groups.Io
<gadget9503=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
I'm having the same problem if you find out anything let me know.



--


John D. Hays
Edmonds, WA
K7VE

   

Re: Trouble With Dstar

Andy Pagoota
 

Thanks, John.  Looks like that's the problem. I've emailed and asked them to cancel the W4NYR registration. Thank you for your help.


On 10/21/2018 11:44 AM, John D Hays - K7VE wrote:

OK, I looked and you are registered in two locations (should only be registered in one, so contact one or the other and have them cancel your registration).  Pick one and create a terminal with a space for the terminal ID, you currently have no terminals and that is why you are not working on DPLUS reflectors or DPLUS linking to repeaters.

You are registered at https://regist.dstargateway.org and w4nyr -- see http://dstar.info/query.html

While you wait for your terminal to become active, use the XRF (or DCS) reflectors, which do not require US Trust registration. (Your callsign is your license to operate.)

XRF002A  gets a fair amount of traffic   http://xrf002.dstar.club/  (see cross linked reflectors to Module A)
--


John D. Hays
Edmonds, WA
K7VE

   


Re: Trouble With Dstar

Gwen Patton
 

John, the security certificate issue is one the central DStar office (for lack of a better word) needs to do. It isn't done on an individual site basis.

It's also affecting the page at my local repeater, AA3E. The op told me they handle certs elsewhere.

On Sun, Oct 21, 2018, 11:50 AM John D Hays - K7VE <john@...> wrote:
Andy -- W4YNR registration URLis at https://w4nyr.metro-uhf.org/Dstar.do (BTW, let them know they can get a good SSL certificate and get rid of the security warning either from AA4RC or using https://letsencrypt.org/

On Sun, Oct 21, 2018 at 7:49 AM Bill Brown via Groups.Io <w5umq=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
Make sure your microphone is active!


On Sun, Oct 21, 2018 at 7:03 AM, Michael Register via Groups.Io
<gadget9503=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
I'm having the same problem if you find out anything let me know.


--


John D. Hays
Edmonds, WA
K7VE

   

Re: Trouble With Dstar

 

Gwen

As I said AA4RC will provide one, and dynamic DNS, as part of DPLUS, but your admin has to ask. 

I free certificate can also be obtained through letsencrypt.org

On Sun, Oct 21, 2018, 09:52 Gwen Patton <ardrhi@...> wrote:
John, the security certificate issue is one the central DStar office (for lack of a better word) needs to do. It isn't done on an individual site basis.

It's also affecting the page at my local repeater, AA3E. The op told me they handle certs elsewhere.

On Sun, Oct 21, 2018, 11:50 AM John D Hays - K7VE <john@...> wrote:
Andy -- W4YNR registration URLis at https://w4nyr.metro-uhf.org/Dstar.do (BTW, let them know they can get a good SSL certificate and get rid of the security warning either from AA4RC or using https://letsencrypt.org/

On Sun, Oct 21, 2018 at 7:49 AM Bill Brown via Groups.Io <w5umq=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
Make sure your microphone is active!


On Sun, Oct 21, 2018 at 7:03 AM, Michael Register via Groups.Io
<gadget9503=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
I'm having the same problem if you find out anything let me know.


--


John D. Hays
Edmonds, WA
K7VE

   

BlueDV software.

w4bpt@...
 

What do i need to set up my dv3000u on  BlueDV .
I have the software on my pc but cannot get it to connect to it on d star.

Re: BlueDV software.

 

Go to http://www.pa7lim.nl/bluedv-windows/ and watch the video on configuration. The ThumbDV runs at 460800 baud. 


On Sun, Oct 21, 2018, 10:22 w4bpt via Groups.Io <w4bpt=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
What do i need to set up my dv3000u on  BlueDV .
I have the software on my pc but cannot get it to connect to it on d star.

Re: BlueDV software.

david bencini ik5xmk <ik5xmk@...>
 


Il giorno dom 21 ott 2018 alle ore 19:22 w4bpt via Groups.Io <w4bpt=yahoo.com@groups.io> ha scritto:
What do i need to set up my dv3000u on  BlueDV .
I have the software on my pc but cannot get it to connect to it on d star.

Re: BlueDV software.

Raymond Burns
 

You need windv not bluedv available on PA7LIM website.
When you configure it check the block for the 3000u dongle.
De Ray Wb2mly

On Sun, Oct 21, 2018, 1:22 PM w4bpt via Groups.Io <w4bpt=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
What do i need to set up my dv3000u on  BlueDV .
I have the software on my pc but cannot get it to connect to it on d star.

Re: BlueDV software.

Raymond Burns
 

You also have to register with Dstar. There are YouTube videos to guide you
De Ray Wb2mly

On Sun, Oct 21, 2018, 9:12 PM Raymond Burns <rburns2548@...> wrote:
You need windv not bluedv available on PA7LIM website.
When you configure it check the block for the 3000u dongle.
De Ray Wb2mly

On Sun, Oct 21, 2018, 1:22 PM w4bpt via Groups.Io <w4bpt=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
What do i need to set up my dv3000u on  BlueDV .
I have the software on my pc but cannot get it to connect to it on d star.

Re: [udrc] Linux RMS - headed for digital dustbin?

Basil Gunn
 

It appears that LinuxRMS may stop working in the near future when Winlink
CMS stops supporting legacy mode.
It appears that is not the case.

RMS Gateway upgrade notes for new Winlink Web Services
https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/LinuxRMS/conversations/messages/2775

/Basil n7nix

DRAWS Update

 


k7udr posted: "First units arrived Saturday, and we have been testing thru the weekend. DRAWS is fully functional and we have a few minor assembly issues to resolve before shipping.  "

New post on NW Digital Radio

DRAWS Update

by k7udr

First units arrived Saturday, and we have been testing thru the weekend. DRAWS is fully functional and we have a few minor assembly issues to resolve before shipping.

NWDR Digital Radio Amateur WorkStation

 

k7udr | November 5, 2018 at 1:24 pm | Categories: DRAWS | URL: https://wp.me/p2mAAP-1p2


Trouble clicking? Copy and paste this URL into your browser:
http://nwdigitalradio.com/draws-update/


--


John D. Hays
Edmonds, WA
K7VE

   

Re: DRAWS Update

vk5zuc@...
 

John,
Do you recommend a specific RPi 3 model with DRAWS?
I have just ordered a 3B+ or is that overkill?
Andrew de VK5CV

Re: DRAWS Update

 

You can't have overkill :)

Raspberry Pi 2, 3, or 3+ should all be fine.  The more CPU power can go to applications. 

On Mon, Nov 5, 2018, 17:03 <vk5zuc@... wrote:
John,
Do you recommend a specific RPi 3 model with DRAWS?
I have just ordered a 3B+ or is that overkill?
Andrew de VK5CV

Radio connector on MMDVM board

JIM Rogers
 

Dose anyone have a link to the proper plug I need to mate with the socket on my MMDVM board for the radios. I have looked in my extra stuff and con not find to match the pin spacing.