Topics

Update ?!

will wright <w4wwm@...>

Hello to the group,

It's great to here updated news on the UDR56k. I'm hoping it will be a
great radio to run on a new US network called DSAP (Digital Smart Access
Point). From my understanding there are 2 new developing test irc
servers running as we speak for Dstar like hotspots or maybe gateways,
think both.

Not much information as of yet but will be coming soon.

Will

"John D. Hays" <john@...>

Hi Bruce,

We have a lot of parallel work going on right now.

In hardware engineering we're working through some updates for the next run of alpha/beta boards. These updates are aimed at making the UDR56K-4 one solid platform, whether for plug and play deployment or for development and experimentation.

On the software and application side we are focusing on first deliverables for AX.25 and D-STAR.  We have an ever increasing number of use cases and associated applications to consider.  As we get closer to delivery we will provide a series of application notes to help integrators and experimenters to explore, prepare, and deliver solutions.

Some of the topics we will provide notes for include:
  • Bridging AX.25, D-STAR, and other data services through the UDR, including IP networking, position reporting, and messaging.
  • Using an external TNC and radio attached via USB serial to the UDR to provide dual-band, multi-speed AX.25/APRS applications
  • Using an external Node Adapter and radio attached to the UDR to provide a two "module" D-STAR gateway.
  • Using a cluster of UDRs to extend coverage for D-STAR and/or data networks.
  • ...

So if you aren't seeing a lot from NW Digital Radio on the list(s), its mainly that we're "head's down" getting the UDR56K-4 prepared for distribution.

Thank you for pinging us, and as always everyone is welcome to post their questions and ideas to this list.  I will try to respond in a timely manner.

We hope everyone is having a great summer.

On Tue, Jul 10, 2012 at 3:39 AM, bruce.given <bruce.given@...> wrote:

Hi Guys,
group has been quiet for a bit , John any updates or are the developers just busy developing away ?!....

Just wanted to see how things are going

regards
Bruce
VE2GZI