Topics

Is this still alive

"pa3dfn" <pa3dfn@...>

Its now more than a month ago since the last message in this group.

Is this project still alive?

Philip pa3dfn

Bryan Hoyer <bhhoyer@...>

Very much so, i will post a progress report on the website on Monday.

Bryan

"Basil" <basil@...>

--- In UniversalDigitalRadio@..., "pa3dfn" wrote:

Its now more than a month ago since the last message in this group.

Is this project still alive?

Philip pa3dfn
Hi Philip,

I've just posted 4 pics of my dev setup. You may be able to see 5 Udr56k CPU boards & a gen 1 radio board. Notice the stylish 4 card holder I use to contain my cluster. There really is daily progress on both software & hardware ... some days more progress than others.

/Basil N7NIX
*nix software guy

Tom Hayward <esarfl@...>

On Fri, Feb 1, 2013 at 8:48 AM, Basil <basil@...> wrote:

Hi Philip,

I've just posted 4 pics of my dev setup. You may be able to see 5 Udr56k
CPU boards & a gen 1 radio board. Notice the stylish 4 card holder I use to
contain my cluster. There really is daily progress on both software &
hardware ... some days more progress than others.

/Basil N7NIX
*nix software guy
What a mess! These things have changed my life, or at least my desk clutter:

http://www.amazon.com/SF-Cable-Premium-UltraFlat-Patch/dp/B0057XBYFU/

(and yes, they're very easy to crimp yourself if you want to go that route)

Nothing like a proper length cable.

Tom KD7LXL

"Basil" <basil@...>

--- In UniversalDigitalRadio@..., Tom Hayward wrote:

On Fri, Feb 1, 2013 at 8:48 AM, Basil wrote:

Hi Philip,

I've just posted 4 pics of my dev setup. You may be able to see 5 Udr56k
CPU boards & a gen 1 radio board. Notice the stylish 4 card holder I use to
contain my cluster. There really is daily progress on both software &
hardware ... some days more progress than others.

/Basil N7NIX
*nix software guy
What a mess! These things have changed my life, or at least my desk clutter:

http://www.amazon.com/SF-Cable-Premium-UltraFlat-Patch/dp/B0057XBYFU/

(and yes, they're very easy to crimp yourself if you want to go that route)

Nothing like a proper length cable.

Tom KD7LXL
Thanks for the link Tom and I'll take that as a compliment.

"If a cluttered desk signs a cluttered mind, of what, then, is an empty desk a sign?" - Albert Eintein

My custom serial cables going to my Cyclades 8 port serial adapter are a big contributor to the "look". The Ethernet cables will eventually go away as you should notice a WiFi device hanging off one of the CPU boards.

Continuing on with the "messy" theme please see new photo in "Dev Software" album. The upper left 2 images of the big monitor are of dantracker, an aprs tracker. The right hand image of those 2 images is a browser version of dantracker I've been working on using web sockets. The other screen shots are of the Udr56k control software running in a browser on various devices. Please comment on the desk clutter.

/Basil N7NIX

"J.K. Hooper" <jkhooper@...>

That's not clutter.   That's being hard at work!

Hoop  K9QJS

On Fri, Feb 1, 2013 at 10:37 AM, Basil <basil@...> wrote:
What a mess! These things have changed my life, or at least my desk
clutter:

http://www.amazon.com/SF-Cable-Premium-UltraFlat-Patch/dp/B0057XBYFU/

(and yes, they're very easy to crimp yourself if you want to go that
route)

Nothing like a proper length cable.

Tom KD7LXL
Thanks for the link Tom and I'll take that as a compliment.

"If a cluttered desk signs a cluttered mind, of what, then, is an empty
desk a sign?" - Albert Eintein
Yes, definitely a compliment. A cluttered desk means work is getting
done! Or at least the opposite is true--an empty desk would be
suspicious.

Latest photo is missing an android tablet.

Tom KD7LXL

"Basil" <basil@...>

--- In UniversalDigitalRadio@..., "J.K. Hooper" wrote:

That's not clutter. That's being hard at work!

Hoop K9QJS
Thanks Hoop :) !

On Fri, Feb 1, 2013 at 10:37 AM, Basil wrote:
What a mess! These things have changed my life, or at least my desk
clutter:

http://www.amazon.com/SF-Cable-Premium-UltraFlat-Patch/dp/B0057XBYFU/

(and yes, they're very easy to crimp yourself if you want to go that
route)

Nothing like a proper length cable.

Tom KD7LXL
Thanks for the link Tom and I'll take that as a compliment.

"If a cluttered desk signs a cluttered mind, of what, then, is an empty
desk a sign?" - Albert Eintein
Yes, definitely a compliment. A cluttered desk means work is getting
done! Or at least the opposite is true--an empty desk would be
suspicious.

Latest photo is missing an android tablet.

Tom KD7LXL
Thanks Tom.

Actually the mobile thingee on the right is a ViewSonic gTablet running the Brilliant Corners ROM version of Android. Unfortunately that version doesn't support a browser with web socket capability so I had a choice of upgrading to Jelly Bean or buying a Nexus 7.
Nexus 7 is en route, better hardware, support economy, new shiny thing.

What Android device(s) do you have?

/Basil N7NIX

Tom Hayward <esarfl@...>

On Fri, Feb 1, 2013 at 11:56 AM, Basil <basil@...> wrote:

What Android device(s) do you have?
My daily device is a Samsung Galaxy Nexus.

I may pick up a Nexus 7 or 10 soon for testing at work (I do embedded
Linux systems with app and web interfaces).

I consider the YL's Kindle Fire HD a lost cause. The Android variant
it runs is too bastardized to be useful.

Tom KD7LXL

"pa3dfn" <pa3dfn@...>

Hi, good to see thats still alive.
Happy coding.

gr,

Philip

--- In UniversalDigitalRadio@..., Bryan Hoyer wrote:

Very much so, i will post a progress report on the website on Monday.

Bryan

"richark" <richark@...>

Basil,

Thanks for posting the pictures!

As I've been heard saying in the past, 'Go Faster!' ;-)

73,
Kenny

--- In UniversalDigitalRadio@..., "Basil" wrote:

--- In UniversalDigitalRadio@..., "pa3dfn" wrote:

Its now more than a month ago since the last message in this group.

Is this project still alive?

Philip pa3dfn
Hi Philip,

I've just posted 4 pics of my dev setup. You may be able to see 5 Udr56k CPU boards & a gen 1 radio board. Notice the stylish 4 card holder I use to contain my cluster. There really is daily progress on both software & hardware ... some days more progress than others.

/Basil N7NIX
*nix software guy

Jim McCloskey <jimns3k@...>

Did I miss the update?

Jim

--- In mailto:UniversalDigitalRadio%40yahoogroups.com, "Basil" wrote:

> --- In mailto:UniversalDigitalRadio%40yahoogroups.com, "pa3dfn" wrote:
> >
> > Its now more than a month ago since the last message in this group.
> >
> > Is this project still alive?
> >
> > Philip pa3dfn
> >

> Hi Philip,
>
> I've just posted 4 pics of my dev setup. You may be able to see 5 Udr56k CPU boards & a gen 1 radio board. Notice the stylish 4 card holder I use to contain my cluster. There really is daily progress on both software & hardware ... some days more progress than others.
>
> /Basil N7NIX
> *nix software guy

John Hays <john@...>

Sent from my iPhone