Topics

RX & TX Ports

"John D. Hays" <john@...>

As noted, the UDR is not full duplex.  However, it would be possible to create a repeater by attaching  a node adapter, dvrptr, or similar device between the UDR and a separate receiver.  G4KLX's software allows for a 'split repeater' with external receivers (1 or 2 at this time) paired with the UDR as a transmitter.

On Tue, Apr 2, 2013 at 10:58 AM, Marshall Denny <MarshallDenny@...> wrote:

Really,

If the UDR can operate full duplex.

Then with some software, it could be a Dstar repeater in a box, nice.

Marshall Denny <MarshallDenny@...>

I stand corrected.

On Tue, Apr 2, 2013 at 8:17 AM, PE1RDW <pe1rdw@...> wrote:
On Tue, 02 Apr 2013 17:12:29 +0200, Scanner Groups <groupmail@...>
wrote:

> I would like to find the pros and cons on having the Independent Rx, Tx
> Ports: ?*
>
> *Gavin
> VA3XRR*
> *
con: need to supply your own pinswitch or filter to use a single antenna
and coax, pro: ability to work full duplex.

--
73 Andre PE1RDW

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    (Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
    UniversalDigitalRadio-digest@...
    UniversalDigitalRadio-fullfeatured@...

    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

--
Respectfully,
W. Marshall Denny II

For if you altogether hold your peace at this time,
then shall relief and deliverance arise to the Jews from another place;
but you and your father's house shall be destroyed:
and who knows whether you are come to the kingdom for such a time as this?  Esther 4:14 KJV

--

wrote:

> I would like to find the pros and cons on having the Independent Rx, Tx
> Ports: ?*
>
> *Gavin
> VA3XRR*
> *
con: need to supply your own pinswitch or filter to use a single antenna
and coax, pro: ability to work full duplex.

--
73 Andre PE1RDW

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    (Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
    UniversalDigitalRadio-digest@...
    UniversalDigitalRadio-fullfeatured@...

    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

--
Respectfully,
W. Marshall Denny II
Software Development Engineer
206 734 9242 cell

For if you altogether hold your peace at this time,
then shall relief and deliverance arise to the Jews from another place;
but you and your father's house shall be destroyed:
and who knows whether you are come to the kingdom for such a time as this?  Esther 4:14 KJV

Bryan Hoyer <bhhoyer@...>

The UDR56K-4 is not full duplex. The purpose of the independent port kit, is to support installation at hi-rf sites where filters or isolators are required.

The vast majority of customers will not need the kit. My apologies for not making that clear.

If you ordered one by mistake, don't worry about it. You'll have the chance to update your order when we confirm.
Bryan K7UDR

wrote:

I would like to find the pros and cons on having the Independent Rx, Tx
Ports: ?*

*Gavin
VA3XRR*
*
con: need to supply your own pinswitch or filter to use a single antenna
and coax, pro: ability to work full duplex.

--
73 Andre PE1RDW

Reid Crowe <reid.crowe@...>

PROS:
Full-Duplex
No T/R Switch time issues

Con:
External T/R Switch, less self contained

PE1RDW <pe1rdw@...>

Scanner Groups <groupmail@...>