Topics

Error compiling dv3000d for NWDigital DV3000 AMBE board

Bob Nielsen <n7xy@...>

I received my DV3000 yesterday and have installed it in my Raspberry PI running Rasbian (Debian wheezy-based Linux). I installed libwxgtk2.8-dev and portaudio19-dev. Following the instructions in http://nwdigitalradio.com/preparing-the-raspberry-pi-for-dv3000-applications/dv3000d I copied AMBETools-20140519 to my home directory and unzipped it. However, when I try to compile, I get the following error:

n7xy@raspberrypi ~/AMBETools $ make
make -C Common
make[1]: Entering directory `/home/n7xy/AMBETools/Common'
g++ -g -O2 -Wall -Wno-non-virtual-dtor -Wno-strict-aliasing -march=x86-64 -DDATA_DIR='"/usr/local/etc"' -DBIN_DIR='"/usr/local/bin"' -I/usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/wx/include/gtk2-unicode-release-2.8 -I/usr/include/wx-2.8 -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -D_LARGE_FILES -D__WXGTK__ -pthread -c AddressTextCtrl.cpp
cc1plus: error: bad value (x86-64) for -march switch
make[1]: *** [AddressTextCtrl.o] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/n7xy/AMBETools/Common'
make: *** [Common/Common.a] Error 2

Any thoughts?

73, Bob N7XY

jim@...

Haven't received mine yet, so haven't downloaded the code, but on first glance, I'd think the -march setting you'd want is...

-march=armv6

jim@...

Also, did the instructions mention doing a ./configure prior to make?

jim@...

Hi Bob,

I see John got you further along in the ircDDBGateway group....to anyone wanting to see John's answer, jump over to that thread....

Jim

Bob Nielsen <n7xy@...>

No. there is no template for configuring but there is a Makefile. K7VE has been helping on the ircDDBGateway list and at his suggestion I copied settings_raspbian_armhf.mk to settings.mk and it for a half-hour or so but then complained about "cannot find -lusb-1.0” during the linking process. John thought I might be missing portaudio19-dev but I do have that installed.

I did a lot of Fortran IV programming some 45 years ago but never learned C++.

On May 22, 2014, at 6:19 PM, jim@... [UniversalDigitalRadio] <UniversalDigitalRadio@...> wrote:

Also, did the instructions mention doing a ./configure prior to make?