I don't see why it won't, as there is someone else using the AMBE 3000 USB dongle from DVSI to do this.

Matthew Pitts
N8OHU

On September 2, 2014 2:45:30 PM AST, "'flightresq@...' flightresq@... [UniversalDigitalRadio]" wrote:

Yes. That's my goal. Is this going to work?

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

From: kb9mwr@... [UniversalDigitalRadio] ;
To: ;
Subject: [UniversalDigitalRadio] Re: DV3000 going International
Sent: Mon, Sep 1, 2014 5:19:30 PM

So you are using DSD just to decode process the discriminator in like what what Johnathan Naylor, G4KLX did with his D-star client?  Presumably then you strip off the voice portion and send it to the DV3000 for decoding/encoding?  Sounds like much like what Johnathans implementation does as it can send it off to a DV dongle.  The only difference is his doesn't support DMR.

"flightresq@..." <flightresq@...>

kb9mwr@...

So you are using DSD just to decode process the discriminator in like what what Johnathan Naylor, G4KLX did with his D-star client?  Presumably then you strip off the voice portion and send it to the DV3000 for decoding/encoding?  Sounds like much like what Johnathans implementation does as it can send it off to a DV dongle.  The only difference is his doesn't support DMR.

oderljunga@...

Nice work ..  Feel free to share :-)  Would be nice to have.

"John D. Hays" <john@...>

Very cool!  Looking forward to your code.  (I think dPMR, NXDN, P25 Phase 2 HR, and Fusion HR all use the same half rate AMBE mode as DMR so the code you did for DMR should help with those standards as well.)

On Fri, Jul 18, 2014 at 11:12 AM, mikezingman@... [UniversalDigitalRadio] <UniversalDigitalRadio@...> wrote:

I have been hacking the source to DSD to use the dv3000 rather than the software lib used (whose name shall not be mentioned).  I have DStar and DMR working with the board, but I have not looked into P25 changes that would be needed.  If I can find some local signals, I may go ahead and do the work.

_

mikezingman@...

I have been hacking the source to DSD to use the dv3000 rather than the software lib used (whose name shall not be mentioned).  I have DStar and DMR working with the board, but I have not looked into P25 changes that would be needed.  If I can find some local signals, I may go ahead and do the work.

"John D. Hays" <john@...>

The AMBE 3000 chip in the DV3000 is capable of encoding and decoding P25 Phase 2 Half Rate.

However, the AMBE stream would need to be extracted from the datastream of the P25 Phase 2 and sent to the DV3000.  A discriminator tap would permit a demodulator for P25 to be attached to extract the datastream, then software would need to extract the AMBE stream for decoding.

So the answer is yes, but there is a lot that needs to be created to make it a reality.  I am not aware of anyone doing this work yet.

On Thu, Jul 17, 2014 at 10:12 AM, 'flightresq@...' flightresq@... [UniversalDigitalRadio] <UniversalDigitalRadio@...> wrote:

I have an analog scanner that covers up to 800 MHz. If I tap the discriminator, will this device decode P 25 phase 2?
Thanks.