Topics

FT230 basic uart drives

ea8ee <ea8ee1@...>

I just installed on a laptop with the thumbdv 8..1 window but does not recognize my usb device properly anyone knows where to install the drives manually
thanks in advance

Bob Recny <n8sqt@...>

Greetings,

The FT230X uses the default FTDI VID/PID, so it should be recognized with Windows Update.  If you don't have an Internet connection, or see the device under the "Other" devices tree in Device Manager, then run their EXE installer:

Unplug the ThumbDV, run the EXE, then plug the ThumbDV back in.  If you still have troubles after running the EXE, try right-clicking on the ThumbDV in the Device Manager, then select "Update Drivers"

Bob Recny, N8SQT

"John D. Hays" <john@...>

Windows 8.1 should auto install a driver over the Internet, if not then the link to FTDI is on