Topics

DV3000 Pi Questions

"Dan Ozment" <dan@...>

John, I wondered if I could pick your brain one more time about my DV3000 configuration.   Last email exchange we had you said the following:

I have regularly run ircDDBGateway + dstarrepeater on a Pi as well as AMBEserverGPIO,  and accessed both from DummyRepeater whether local or remote.  Running two modules through ircDDBGateway on a Pi is not a problem, especially with a Pi 2.

I would love to do that, but for the life of me I can’t figure it out.   I have DummyRepeater and ircDDBGateway on a Win 8.1 machine talking to AMBEServerGPIO on a Pi2.

On another Pi2 I have ircDDBGateway and PCRepeaterController (I think that’s the name) and my DVAP.

I would like to combine to DVAP, DV3000 and AMBEServerGPIO onto one Pi2.

Everything works as it is.  But, I cannot get DummyRepeater talking to ircDDBGateway on the Pi with the DVAP.    Could you possibly tell me how you did it?

I think I need to be using Repeater2 on ircDDBGateway.  I set it up as a hotspot and but it on Band D.   I told Dummy Repeater (on the Windows Machine) the IP of the Pi2 and the port for Repeater 2 (20012) as shown in the following screen shot

However, I don’t see any indication that dummyrepeater is talking to ircDDB on the Pi2.

Stumped….

"John D. Hays" <john@...>

On Sat, Jun 20, 2015 at 11:41 AM, dan@... [UniversalDigitalRadio] <UniversalDigitalRadio@...> wrote:

Now that I have my DV3000 GPIO board running in my Pi 2 I have a couple more questions.

1) I'm running the software remotely - Dummy Repeater and ircDDBGateway on the PC connected to AMBEserverGPIO on the Pi.  Has anyone considered running ircDDBGateway on the Pi and only running Dummy Repeater Remotely?

Yes, do this regularly.   Fixed IP addresses work best.

2) I have another Pi running pcrepeatercontroller, ircDDBGateway and a DVAP.  If I can put ircDDBGateway on the Pi could I connect the DVAP to it and let the Pi run both the DVAP and DV3000?  I assume I would set the DV3000 up as repeater1 and the DVAP as repeater2.

The DV3000 does not talk directly to ircDDBGateway, only through a program like DummyRepeater.  I have regularly run ircDDBGateway + dstarrepeater on a Pi as well as AMBEserverGPIO,  and accessed both from DummyRepeater whether local or remote.  Running two modules through ircDDBGateway on a Pi is not a problem, especially with a Pi 2.

3) Has anyone tried running the whole thing remotely?  ie, DV3000 Pi at home and Dummy Repeater on the road connecting over the internet...   That would certainly take opening ports on the firewall or using a VPN connection from the remote to home.

I have done so on fixed addresses, though you do have to watch network reliability since it is UDP.  For fixed addresses you might run a VPN on your mobile unit back to the router where your ircDDBGateway/AMBEserver are running.

(ircDDBGateway likes to know the IP address of the inbound module)

In all cases configure ircDDBGateway to listen on 0.0.0.0 (all interfaces)

dan@...