Topics

dmr and dstar access

K6ST Barry Bettman <k6st@...>

Is there currently both dmr and dstar access available on the DVthumb?  If so, ,what software application is used?

I am interest in both dmr and dstar.

Thanks.

David Warden <dwarden3@...>

I would love to have access to DMR through ThumbDV also but so far no luck for me. Works great on dStar though with WinDV.

There is a DMR repeater there in Reno. You could pick up a Tytera MD-380 radio for a reasonable price and jump on that repeater.

David R. Warden III
KG7NKG
Sent from my iPhone

Matthew Pitts <daywalker_blade_2004@...>

Barry,

Not as yet; DMR is possible, but we need to realize that there are two networks that don't normally communicate with each other for that mode, as opposed to the two interlinked networks for D-STAR. I have been working on a software solution, but have not yet got it working for this.

Matthew Pitts
N8OHU