Topics

dmr and dstar access

K6ST Barry Bettman <k6st@...>

Is there currently both dmr and dstar access available on the DVthumb?  If so, ,what software application is used?

I am interest in both dmr and dstar.

Thanks.

David Warden <dwarden3@...>

I would love to have access to DMR through ThumbDV also but so far no luck for me. Works great on dStar though with WinDV.

There is a DMR repeater there in Reno. You could pick up a Tytera MD-380 radio for a reasonable price and jump on that repeater.

David R. Warden III
KG7NKG
Sent from my iPhone

Matthew Pitts <daywalker_blade_2004@...>

Barry,

Not as yet; DMR is possible, but we need to realize that there are two networks that don't normally communicate with each other for that mode, as opposed to the two interlinked networks for D-STAR. I have been working on a software solution, but have not yet got it working for this.

Matthew Pitts
N8OHU

From: "K6ST Barry Bettman k6st@... [UniversalDigitalRadio]"
To: UniversalDigitalRadio@...
Sent: Wednesday, September 2, 2015 7:14 PM
Subject: [UniversalDigitalRadio] dmr and dstar access

Is there currently both dmr and dstar access available on the DVthumb?  If so, ,what software application is used?

I am interest in both dmr and dstar.

Thanks.

k6st@...

Thanks Matthew.  I am interested in being able to the 2 modes on, either mode DMR or STAR but not both at the same time, no need for cross connect.

Matthew Pitts <daywalker_blade_2004@...>

Hello Barry,

I should have been a little more clear on what I meant; there are two distinct DMR networks, DMR-MARC (Motorola MotoTRBO) and DMRPlus (Hytera and DV4mini hotspots) which don't normally possess any interoperability, although that seems to be changing now. As of earlier this week, NorCAL DMR has established a nationwide talkgroup for DMR-MARC that permits access to a DMRPlus Reflector, which is where I will be focusing my efforts on the DMR side of things; I also plan to do the same for System Fusion, including a DMR to Fusion bridge.

Matthew Pitts
N8OHU

On September 2, 2015 8:26:39 PM EDT, "k6st@... [UniversalDigitalRadio]" <UniversalDigitalRadio@...> wrote:

Thanks Matthew.  I am interested in being able to the 2 modes on, either mode DMR or STAR but not both at the same time, no need for cross connect.

--
Sent from my Moto X with K-9 Mail. Please excuse my brevity.