Topics

HELP....can't get my DV3000 connected to my RPi board to run ircddbgateway and dummyrepeater!

Bryan Hoyer <bhhoyer@...>

Well that depends on how much of an idiot you are.

Sorry, couldn’t resist.

There are clear beginner instructions on the pi website on how to copy an image to an sdcard. We will also offer pre-programmed sdcards.

Bryan K7UDR

On Mar 13, 2016, at 12:07 PM, grahamc64@... [UniversalDigitalRadio] <UniversalDigitalRadio@...> wrote:

Hi Bryan,

Thanks for the ray of light at the end of the tunnel.

Will the instructions released with the image for the UDRC be "idiot proof" for me?

Regards

Graham
G7LMF

grahamc64@...

Hi Bryan,

No offence taken as I'm not that big an idiot as I can cope with the basics of copying an image etc.

The problem comes, I think, with getting confuse with which directory things need to be saved into and built.

I think I need to go back to basics, clear all the memory from the SD Card, reformat it, reload Wheezy and start to build again.

One problem I do get is that the FTP addresses don't work in the section on Installing IRCDDBGateway: from a terminal
(get installation packages, PGP Public Key, update packages, and install ircDDBGateway)

$ sudo curl ftp://141.75.245.226:8021/raspbian/opendv.list -o /etc/apt/sources.list.d/opendv.list
$ cd /
$ sudo wget ftp://141.75.245.226:8021/debian/dl5di.pk
$ sudo apt-key add dl5di.pk
$ sudo apt-get update
$ sudo apt-get install ircddbgateway

Are there any alternative sources?

Regards

Graham
G7LMF

grahamc64@...

Hi Bryan,

No offence taken as I don't think I' that much of an idiot as I can download an image etc.

The problem I am having is finding an alternative source to the ftp one listed in the section on Installing IRCDDBGateway: from a terminal

(get installation packages, PGP Public Key, update packages, and install ircDDBGateway)

$ sudo curl ftp://141.75.245.226:8021/raspbian/opendv.list -o /etc/apt/sources.list.d/opendv.list

$ cd /

$ sudo wget ftp://141.75.245.226:8021/debian/dl5di.pk

$ sudo apt-key add dl5di.pk

$ sudo apt-get update

$ sudo apt-get install ircddbgateway

Any thoughts

Regards

Graham
G7LMF

Jeremy McDermond <mcdermj@...>

On Mar 13, 2016, at 12:59 PM, grahamc64@... [UniversalDigitalRadio] <UniversalDigitalRadio@...> wrote:

[...]

You can try:

http://raspbian.nh6z.net/opendv.list

and

http://debian.nh6z.net/dl5di.pk

Regards

Graham
G7LMF
--
Jeremy McDermond (NH6Z)
Xenotropic Systems

Bob Nielsen <n7xy@...>

There was a message on the Yahoo ircddbgateway group a few months ago about changes to the repository location.  The latest instructions in the files area of that group have been updated to show:

# sudo curl
http://repo1.ham-digital.net/raspbian/opendv.list -o /etc/apt/sources.list.d/opendv.list alternative if this address should not work:

# sudo curl http://download.prgm.org/dl5di-soft/opendv/repositories/raspbian/opendv.list -o /etc/apt/sources.list.d/opendv.list

and

Bob, N7XY

On 3/13/16 1:30 PM, grahamc64@... [UniversalDigitalRadio] wrote:

Hi Bryan,

No offence taken as I don't think I' that much of an idiot as I can download an image etc.

The problem I am having is finding an alternative source to the ftp one listed in the section on Installing IRCDDBGateway: from a terminal

(get installation packages, PGP Public Key, update packages, and install ircDDBGateway)

$ sudo curl ftp://141.75.245.226:8021/raspbian/opendv.list -o /etc/apt/sources.list.d/opendv.list

$ cd /

$ sudo apt-key add dl5di.pk

$ sudo apt-get update

$ sudo apt-get install ircddbgateway

Any thoughts

Regards

Graham
G7LMF

grahamc64@...

Thanks Jeremy,

I'll give them a go although I am waiting for the soon to be released UDRC image.

Regards

Graham
G7LMF

grahamc64@...