UDRC available for order! :)

beaupeppybrandypip@...

Don't you just hate it when manufactures make life difficult .. grrrr

"John D. Hays" <john@...>

BTW -- this an adapter, you will still need a M/M 6 PIN Mini-DIN

On Thu, May 12, 2016 at 9:52 AM, John D. Hays <john@...> wrote:
Hi Cathy,

You can find DIN-10 connectors but the pins aren't always the same pattern and the keying on the housing is out of position for the Yaesu unobtainium design.

Fortunately, Yaesu makes a cable -- the CT-164.

Hi Cathy,

You can find DIN-10 connectors but the pins aren't always the same pattern and the keying on the housing is out of position for the Yaesu unobtainium design.

Fortunately, Yaesu makes a cable -- the CT-164.

On Wed, May 11, 2016 at 11:40 PM, beaupeppybrandypip@... [UniversalDigitalRadio] <UniversalDigitalRadio@...> wrote:

You can get the plugs on ebay, at a price ..

10 PIN MINI DIN Connector / Plug solder type on cable High Quality

10 PIN MINI DIN Connector / Plug solder type on cable Hi...
US $4.99 New in Computers/Tablets & Networking, Cables & Connectors, Other Computer Cables
Preview by Yahoo

10 pcs of 10 PIN MINI DIN Connector / Plug solder type on cable High Quality
10 pcs of 10 PIN MINI DIN Connector / Plug solder typ...
US $35.50 New in Computers/Tablets & Networking, Cables & Connectors, Other Computer Cables
Preview by Yahoo

etc

beaupeppybrandypip@...

You can get the plugs on ebay, at a price ..

10 PIN MINI DIN Connector / Plug solder type on cable High Quality

10 pcs of 10 PIN MINI DIN Connector / Plug solder type on cable High Quality

etc

"John D. Hays" <john@...>

Those 10 pin DIN connectors care nonstandard and are unobtainable. We spent a lot of time and energy trying to source them.

Yaesu does make an adapter between 10 and 6 pin connectors.

On May 11, 2016 8:23 PM, "beaupeppybrandypip@... [UniversalDigitalRadio]" <UniversalDigitalRadio@...> wrote:

Hi Guys

Do you plan on supplying a lead with the UDRC to plug into these newer 10-pin mini-dins on the Yaesu Fusion radios at all ?

I ask because my FTM-100D has this darned 10-pin mini-din lol

I might buy a UDRC when I can afford one and get it to do the DStar, Fusion and DMR digital modes on my FTM-100D. Though of cause the radio can't do the required 2.5ms switch between Tx/Rx modes (DMR slot timing), it could very happily listen to DMR.

Cathy

Michael Champion <mikec@...>

I think they said it would do either or.

-Michael

On May 11, 2016, at 20:23, beaupeppybrandypip@... [UniversalDigitalRadio] <UniversalDigitalRadio@...> wrote:

Hi Guys

Do you plan on supplying a lead with the UDRC to plug into these newer 10-pin mini-dins on the Yaesu Fusion radios at all ?

I ask because my FTM-100D has this darned 10-pin mini-din lol

I might buy a UDRC when I can afford one and get it to do the DStar, Fusion and DMR digital modes on my FTM-100D. Though of cause the radio can't do the required 2.5ms switch between Tx/Rx modes (DMR slot timing), it could very happily listen to DMR.

Cathy

"John D. Hays" <john@...>

On Wed, May 11, 2016 at 11:01 AM, Jayson Quilantan kc0itf@... [UniversalDigitalRadio] <UniversalDigitalRadio@...> wrote:

So the UDRC by itself on top of a RasPi will do D-Star for the DR-1X?  Your blog post of the pilot run configurations show one with the DV3k board too.

_

Yes.  I'm not sure what photo you are referring to, I'd like to remove the confusion.  Here are the UDRC posts http://nwdigitalradio.com/category/udrc/

DR-1X + UDRC + Raspberry Pi adds D-STAR to the repeater.  Add an Internet connection and have access to D-STAR linking and routing.

Jayson Quilantan <kc0itf@...>

So the UDRC by itself on top of a RasPi will do D-Star for the DR-1X?  Your blog post of the pilot run configurations show one with the DV3k board too.

beaupeppybrandypip@...

Hi Guys

Do you plan on supplying a lead with the UDRC to plug into these newer 10-pin mini-dins on the Yaesu Fusion radios at all ?

I ask because my FTM-100D has this darned 10-pin mini-din lol

I might buy a UDRC when I can afford one and get it to do the DStar, Fusion and DMR digital modes on my FTM-100D. Though of cause the radio can't do the required 2.5ms switch between Tx/Rx modes (DMR slot timing), it could very happily listen to DMR.

Cathy

"John D. Hays" <john@...>

This was answered.  See #1276

On May 10, 2016 8:18 PM, "Dennis Rogers n5vrp.satx@... [UniversalDigitalRadio]" <UniversalDigitalRadio@...> wrote:

Sending again.

On May 10, 2016 1:32 PM, n5vrp.satx@... wrote:

Will this device do P25 with the stable firmware now?
Dstar is another mode I use here.

Dennis
N5VRP
n5vrp.satx@...

On May 10, 2016 10:39 AM, "bhhoyer@... [UniversalDigitalRadio]" <UniversalDigitalRadio@...> wrote:

The UDRC and UDRX share the same Audio CODEC, Power Supply and SW Infrastructure but they are two very different products. The UDRC has enabled a more parallel effort between HW and SW, but we still don't have a definitive date for the UDRX.

We will keep you posted.

"John D. Hays" <john@...>

The UDRC + DR-1X supports the addition of D-STAR to the repeater.

The DR-1X handles analog and Fusion Digital/C4FM, the UDRC handles D-STAR, through the same RF deck.

There are currently no applications for P25 or DMR (which has Intellectual Property Licensing concerns).

The code is open source, so we imagine other protocols and modes may be added by 3rd party developers.

Dennis Rogers <n5vrp.satx@...>

bhhoyer@...

dsp_stap@...

---In UniversalDigitalRadio@..., <bhhoyer@...> wrote :
> Stop booth EH0515 at Dayton.
> $90 no shipping and we pay the Sales Tax.

There is no radio to attach to it yet, right?
When will the radio be available?

Bryan Hoyer <bhhoyer@...>

I updated the blog post and Data Sheet

It didn’t make sense to ship both as you can really only use one or the other.

Thanks,
Bryan K7UDR

rschnieders@...

I was excited today to get the email that the UDRC was now available for order. As soon as I got home I placed my order online. My question is all of the advertising and blogs stated that you would receive both the 6 pin cable for connection to a radio and the 15 pin cable for connection to DR-1X. However when I ordered I had to indicate which cable I wanted, 6 pin or 15 pin. Somebody should make it clear what we should expect to receive 1 cable or two cables. I understand the cost issue it just should be cleared up! I am looking forward to receiving my new toy!

Thanks

KR4PI Rich

Matthew Pitts <daywalker_blade_2004@...>

I remember how the last few items sold when you guys showed up with them at Dayton. :)

Matthew Pitts
N8OHU