Topics

DPlus connection to REF001C failed - WinDV on WIn10 #cal-invite

Kk4lyn@...

I am have trouble getting blue dv to conect to dmr using bandmast

On Sun, Oct 14, 2018, 2:54 PM Pete N <kc2wi.afa2cq@...> wrote:
The problem I reported was caused by a defective router. However, even when I took my netbook to another location I found only the Free*Star VE3TNK (ve3tnk.homelinux.net) callsign server worked.

I tried WinDV a couple of days ago and I just tried it again (at a different location on a different computer). Both times/places it would not connect even using the Free*Star server.  the problem is the server is unreachable. I can't ping it. Tracert shows request timed out an the 9th hop.

WinDV has not been updated in a long time. Apparently there have been enough changes in DSTAR that WinDV no longer works.

I followed the advice I got on https://www.facebook.com/groups/DSTAR.Users.Group downloaded and installed BlueDV. It works great with the ThumbDV.

The only disadvantage is I can't use it on my old Dell Mini 9 with XP. But there is a Linux version so I will probably convert the Mini 9 to Linux Mint.

TOMMY <Tommyleb@...>

Good to know, my windv app stop working few weeks ago, so i use bluedv, works
great with my red nwdr thumbdr. Use on old dell laptop with windows 7.
73, KM4VTE, Tommy

Pete N

[...]

have same issue, worked great for few weeks, didnt use the nwdr thumb dv for about a week and half , turned on and " d plus connection failed{ref anyone} failed. any ideas,thanks KM4VTE Tommy

Pete N

Edited

Can not connect to any reflector
error "DPlus connection to REF001C failed"
used to work on this computer and network
Windows 10 Pro 32bit on an old Dell OptiPlex (Core2 Duo, 4GB RAM)
ThumbDV / com port appears to be fine. Thumbtest.exe passes.
Looks like a firewall/port forwarding issue to me but I never had to do firewall configuration or port forwarding before.
Checked Windows Firewall. DV Node for Windows is allowed.
EDIT: I can use WinDV/ThumbDV on a netbook connected to any public WiFi so it would seem port forwarding is not the issue
EDIT: and it used to work on this (DSL) network but not now. I have tried it with the DSL router set to typical security and no security.