From: john.chabalko <john.chabalko@...>
To: main <main@nw-digital-radio.groups.io>
Sent: Thu, Apr 4, 2019 3:34 pm
Subject: Re: [nw-digital-radio] DRAWS

What do you want to do with the D710G? If you want to run APRS you don't need to do anything, just plug your weather station into the radio, configure APRS in the D710 menus and you're rolling, no PI required.

If you want to run echolink, or another digital mode with the radio, then setting it up with DRAWs is a good option. You'll need the right wire from the kenwood round serial connector -> DB9 -> USB, or one that goes direct from the round connector to USB.

You'd use the RPi to control the radio via USB and connect the "DATA" port from the kenwood to the DRAWs. Then i think any of the digital mode apps would be an option providing there are other users on 2m/440.

If i'm misunderstanding what you're trying to do let me know.

john.chabalko@...

What do you want to do with the D710G? If you want to run APRS you don't need to do anything, just plug your weather station into the radio, configure APRS in the D710 menus and you're rolling, no PI required.

If you want to run echolink, or another digital mode with the radio, then setting it up with DRAWs is a good option. You'll need the right wire from the kenwood round serial connector -> DB9 -> USB, or one that goes direct from the round connector to USB.

You'd use the RPi to control the radio via USB and connect the "DATA" port from the kenwood to the DRAWs. Then i think any of the digital mode apps would be an option providing there are other users on 2m/440.

If i'm misunderstanding what you're trying to do let me know.

Fred Hirsch <Hirschfh@...>

Thank you found it and it is compatible.  Which app would you use with the TM-D710G running APRS with a weather station?

Fred WB7BKM