Topics

Compass & DRAWS

The image for DRAWS will be based on this version of Compass and will be the best place to start, after the DRAWS image is released.  From that point forward you will be able to update Raaspbian packages directly,

On Fri, Sep 21, 2018 at 9:56 PM <ml000-0013@...> wrote:
  Is this procedure still the current way to add UDRC packages to Raspbian?

  https://nw-digital-radio.groups.io/g/compass/wiki/Compass-Linux-Packages-on-Other-Debian-Based-Systems

  Would this be compatible with releases of Raspbian newer than Jessie (i.e. Stretch), or is this a YMMV situation?

  Thanks
  Mike

Edmonds, WA
K7VE

ml000-0013@...

  Is this procedure still the current way to add UDRC packages to Raspbian?

  https://nw-digital-radio.groups.io/g/compass/wiki/Compass-Linux-Packages-on-Other-Debian-Based-Systems

  Would this be compatible with releases of Raspbian newer than Jessie (i.e. Stretch), or is this a YMMV situation?

  Thanks
  Mike

Gayland Gump

That is most pleasing to hear.  Anna, you go girl!

Gayland
KG7GCF

On Fri, Sep 21, 2018 at 8:18 AM, John D Hays - K7VE <john@...> wrote:
Once the image is installed, it uses standard Raspbian repositories for packages other than those we specifically build and test.

Compass will be an easier 'get started' install, after that they are the same. Anna could provide more detail, but the current kernel allows us to add DRAWS/UDRC support after installation, previous versions of the kernel required us building a new kernel to support the sound chip.

On Fri, Sep 21, 2018, 07:59 Gayland Gump <kg7gcf@...> wrote:
So which one will make doing OS and application update simpler and more reliable?   Having to maintain a current Compass has got to be something of a strain. Wouldn't focusing on packaging and delivering software for your hardware along the lines Annalise has been pursuing or some time now be better over all.

Gayland
KG7GCF

On Fri, Sep 21, 2018 at 7:49 AM, John D Hays - K7VE <john@...> wrote:
There is a package for Raspbian, or use Compass Linux.

Compass Linux is Raspbian pre-loaded with the contents of the package. The image with the applications pre-loaded will be Compass based.

On Fri, Sep 21, 2018, 03:31 Mike - KB0FX <mweilb@...> wrote:
Bryan - I am guessing Compass would be the recommended Linux distro to use with the new DRAWS Pi-Hat?

73

Mike
KB0FX

[...]

Mike - KB0FX