Topics

'sudo apt-get upgrade' possible?

oe8bck

Hi,

The last time I did a 'sudo apt-get update; sudo apt-get upgrade', I bricked my system so had to re-do the overall setup. I would like to update my system, but I do not want to re-setup eerything again. Is it currently ok to update the system?

73 de Christof

I would hold off, the latest release has been out less than a week.

On the other hand, if you have second SD card of the same form factor, you can make a backup of your current system using the utility in the menu system.

On Sat, Apr 13, 2019, 08:04 oe8bck <christof.bodner@...> wrote:
Hi,

The last time I did a 'sudo apt-get update; sudo apt-get upgrade', I bricked my system so had to re-do the overall setup. I would like to update my system, but I do not want to re-setup eerything again. Is it currently ok to update the system?

73 de Christof

Basil Gunn

The last time I did a 'sudo apt-get update; sudo apt-get upgrade', I
bricked my system so had to re-do the overall setup.
What version of the BETA image did you start from?

head -n1 /var/log/udr_install.log

What version of Raspbian did you start from?

cat /etc/*version

How big is your SD card?

df -h
I now recommend at least a 16GB card.

/Basil

I would like to
update my system, but I do not want to re-setup eerything again. Is it
currently ok to update the system?
I am currently building a new RPi image that will have the latest
version of Xastir that fixes the gps problem previously reported. It
will probably take another day or two.

/Basil n7nix