Topics

3D drawings?

Dave C

I'm considering using the DRAWS HAT in a device I'm designing.  I want to include it in my 3D design, but I can't find dimensions.  Do 3D drawings exist?

Hi Dave,

No, we don’t have 3D Drawings of the board.

Thanks,
Bryan K7UDR

On Jul 27, 2019, at 5:53 PM, Dave C <kd2jip@...> wrote:

I'm considering using the DRAWS HAT in a device I'm designing.  I want to include it in my 3D design, but I can't find dimensions.  Do 3D drawings exist?

Dale Atkin

Dave,
What format would want the 3D models in? I use SolidWorks and could output it as IGES, STEP, or native SWX. Of course, I would need permission of Northwest Digital to create the models. It wouldn't take me that long to backward engineer my HAT.

Thanks,

Dale KE8GTV

K2RI - Nick

I use the Free Hobbyist licence of Fusion 360

I too would welcome the models- I think any of the formats listed would work.

Thank you very much for your efforts.

73,

Nick  K2RI

--

Dale,

We’d be happy to give permission.

Contact me at sales@nwdigitalradio and we’ll work out the details.

Thanks,
Bryan K7UDR

Dale Atkin

Would something like this have sufficient level of detail for a 3D model? This is a screenshot of a Pi3B:
image.png

Thanks,

Dale KE8GTV

On Wed, Jul 31, 2019 at 11:35 AM K2RI - Nick <nicholas.mohr@...> wrote:
I use the Free Hobbyist licence of Fusion 360

I too would welcome the models- I think any of the formats listed would work.

Thank you very much for your efforts.

73,

Nick  K2RI

On Wed, Jul 31, 2019 at 10:25 AM Dale Atkin <dacelt43@...> wrote:
Dave,
What format would want the 3D models in? I use SolidWorks and could output it as IGES, STEP, or native SWX. Of course, I would need permission of Northwest Digital to create the models. It wouldn't take me that long to backward engineer my HAT.

Thanks,

Dale KE8GTV

--

kwangsoo han

Hi, Dear;

I'm Han in Seoul, Korea.

I bought the Thumdv as DV3000 about one year ago.

Unfortunately, I failed the test with your recommanded test software.

I'd like to test mine is ok or not.

What can I do for that.

Pls inform to me in detail.

Rds, kshan

From : "Bryan Hoyer"<bhhoyer@...>
To : <main@nw-digital-radio.groups.io>
CC :
Date : Thu, 1 Aug 2019 1:10:54 +0900 (KST), Wed, 31 Jul 2019 09:10:48 -0700

Dale,

We’d be happy to give permission.

Contact me at sales@nwdigitalradio and we’ll work out the details.

Thanks,
Bryan K7UDR

Director

Dave C

Dale,

I'm using Fusion 360 so STEP or IGES would work.  SolidWorks *.prt, *.asm, *.sldprt, *.sldasm - up to SolidWorks 2018 - would also work.  Detail would be nice, but bounding box dimensions and mounting point positions are all I really need.  Thanks for offering.

Dave

vk2psf@...

Hopefully the attached step is a good start.

Dale Atkin

No problem. I've been given permission to create files. I should have something in the next couple of days (maybe as soon as tomorrow afternoon). I have some ideas for cases and have a Shapeways account to turn things into production items for the group. Please understand that I'm not doing this for profit. This will be in the spirit of Open Source.

For me, I'm going to make a steam-punk DRAWS system. :) Brass, flashy lights, coils, etc., etc. Or maybe, I'll stuff it all into an old TRS-80... the possibilities are endless. For me, this isn't something that you put out of sight. It's genius that should be celebrated. Choose function, choose art, choose whatever. We need an Ecomm version. We need a classroom version, etc., etc. Maybe a wearable? Who knows?

Cheers,

Dale KE8GTV

Dale Atkin

I'll check it out in the morning. No CAD software at home. I'm sure it is excellent.

What's the weather like in Sidney? It's humid and hot here in the Great Lakes.

Cheers mate!

-Dale KE8GTV

Dave C

Very nice.  Thanks.

Craig Gilbreath

Dale,
Could you post the native SolidWorks file?  I'm a SW 2019 user and would love to have your model for layouts and modeling for future projects.
I notice you are in SE Michigan. Do you know Dean Kerste? He's the SolidWorks User Group Leader there in that part of the state. Great guy. Look up his user group and make some meetings, you won't be disappointed!  Coincidentally, I'm the Fort Worth SolidWorks User Group Leader.

Craig
W5ZYM

On Wed, Jul 31, 2019 at 9:25 AM Dale Atkin <dacelt43@...> wrote:
Dave,
What format would want the 3D models in? I use SolidWorks and could output it as IGES, STEP, or native SWX. Of course, I would need permission of Northwest Digital to create the models. It wouldn't take me that long to backward engineer my HAT.

Thanks,

Dale KE8GTV

Dale Atkin

I only got 30 minutes to work on this at lunch. I hope to finish it tomorrow. Here's a rendering of my progress. The SMA boss is too large and needs to be trimmed. Details, details... :)
image.png

Dale Atkin

I was just told the the SMA connector has been re-positioned. I'll make the revised board, too. I'll place an order this afternoon. Sorry about any confusion.

Thanks.

Dale KE8GTV

Dale Atkin

I ordered a production version of the DRAWS, yesterday, and will update the positions of the SMA, GPS chip and the power connector as soon as I can. For those of you that had the earlier version, here's today's work.

I've asked about a location to host the files.

Have a nice weekend!

Dale KE8GTV

Dale,

How big of files are we talking about? If they are reasonably sized, we can put them in https://nw-digital-radio.groups.io/g/udrc/files

On Fri, Aug 2, 2019 at 9:45 AM Dale Atkin <dacelt43@...> wrote:
I ordered a production version of the DRAWS, yesterday, and will update the positions of the SMA, GPS chip and the power connector as soon as I can. For those of you that had the earlier version, here's today's work.

I've asked about a location to host the files.

Have a nice weekend!

Dale KE8GTV

Kingston, WA
K7VE

Dale Atkin

The PDF drawing I uploaded is about 181k, I think. I'm sure people will want me to add stuff to it. The native SolidWorks files are about 7M zipped, the STEP file is 900k zipped.

If you'd like me to make drawings with pin-outs or features, I'd be glad to help out. Just let me know what you'd like or want to see.

Dale - KE8GTV