Topics

ThumbDV and SDR# / Virtual Audio Cable

Dirk, DL2DW

Hello,

Is it possible, to use the ThumbDV with SDR Software, like SDR#? Or can it be use, with the "Audio Virtual Cable" tool?

I want to decode DMR, D-STAR, etc. with my SDR receiver and a SDR software under Windows. My idea was, to take a ThumbDV to decode the stream from the sdr software.

Thank you in advance,

Dirk, DL2DW

On Thu, Jan 12, 2017 at 11:52 AM, Dirk, DL2DW <dirk@...> wrote:

Hello,

Is it possible, to use the ThumbDV with SDR Software, like SDR#? Or can it be use, with the "Audio Virtual Cable" tool?

I want to decode DMR, D-STAR, etc. with my SDR receiver and a SDR software under Windows. My idea was, to take a ThumbDV to decode the stream from the sdr software.

Thank you in advance,

Dirk, DL2DW

Barry Bettman

Me to Dirk, I am interested in using the DVthumb on DMR.  Any software to support it?

On Thu, Jan 12, 2017 at 11:52 AM, Dirk, DL2DW <dirk@...> wrote:

Hello,

Is it possible, to use the ThumbDV with SDR Software, like SDR#? Or can it be use, with the "Audio Virtual Cable" tool?

I want to decode DMR, D-STAR, etc. with my SDR receiver and a SDR software under Windows. My idea was, to take a ThumbDV to decode the stream from the sdr software.

Thank you in advance,

Dirk, DL2DW

siegfried.jackstien@...

i can decode such digital voice data with dsdplus (software decoder)

i use hdsdr (sdrsoft) ... virtual audio cable (to route digital audio towards dsd) ... and the decoding software

hth

dg9bfc

sigi

ps ... with using thimb dv i can not help ... sorry

Am 12.01.2017 um 19:52 schrieb Dirk, DL2DW:

Hello,

Is it possible, to use the ThumbDV with SDR Software, like SDR#? Or can it be use, with the "Audio Virtual Cable" tool?

I want to decode DMR, D-STAR, etc. with my SDR receiver and a SDR software under Windows. My idea was, to take a ThumbDV to decode the stream from the sdr software.

Thank you in advance,

Dirk, DL2DW

I think the question is, do you want to potentially violate the intellectual property rights (patents) behind the vocoders (e.g. mbelib probably violates those IP rights) vs using a licensed vocoder as in the ThumbDV and PiDV?