Topics

9600 Packet Qualification

bhhoyer@...

The UDRX should operate with any 9600 TNC but here is the short list of what we are testing with internally.
Kantronics KPC-9612
Yaesu VX-8G
Kenwood D710
TNC-Pi 9600

If there are any other widely deployed 9600 TNCs please let us know and we'll consider providing a beta unit.

Bryan - K7UDR

Bill Vodall <wa7nwp@...>

The UDRX should operate with any 9600 TNC but here is the short list of what we are testing with internally.
Kantronics KPC-9612
I hope you are using the KPC-9612+ - the non-plus is broken out of the
box - just ask Dennis.

Yaesu VX-8G
Kenwood D710
TNC-Pi 9600
The Timewave PK-96 is the basic 9600 TNC available today...
http://www.timewave.com/products/pk96.html

While it's early in its product life cycle, the T3-9670 is going to be
a game changer as basic UHF data radio.

https://www.argentdata.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=171

The future of data like this (IM!HO) is software - we have at least
two significant soundcard modem packages that can theoretically handle
9k6.

Dire Wolf - https://home.comcast.net/~wb2osz/site/

UZ7HO - http://uz7.ho.ua/packetradio.htm

Bill, WA7NWP

bhhoyer@...

9612 Plus, YES
Timewave PK-96, YES we have one

Argent T3-9670, I'll look into that one

Soundmodem on Pi, we'll cover with Beta Test

"flightresq@..." <flightresq@...>

Will this work with an analog scanner that had its discriminator tapped?

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

Sent: Mon, Aug 25, 2014 9:02:47 PM

9612 Plus, YES

Timewave PK-96, YES we have one

Argent T3-9670, I'll look into that one

Soundmodem on Pi, we'll cover with Beta Test

Could we do something like this for 9k6 data? It would be nice to
have known test data.

http://wa8lmf.net/TNCtest/

Bill, WA7NWP

Steve <yahoo-udr@...>

While the concept of a TNC test CD is good, the WA8LMF website mentions only Windoze XP. Any test suite, CD or otherwise, needs to be generic enough to run with any browser and any OS, including Linux, Mac, Win 7, and Win 8.

Also, interoperability with as many TNCs as possible, including the KPC-9612 non-plus, would be good as one don't always know what TNC is on the other end of a connection, especially when things get cobbled together in response to an emergency deployment.

On Mon, Aug 25, 2014 at 4:48 PM, Steve yahoo-udr@...
[UniversalDigitalRadio] <UniversalDigitalRadio@...> wrote:
While the concept of a TNC test CD is good, the WA8LMF website mentions
only Windoze XP. Any test suite, CD or otherwise, needs to be generic
enough to run with any browser and any OS, including Linux, Mac, Win 7,
and Win 8.

Also, interoperability with as many TNCs as possible, including the
KPC-9612 non-plus, would be good as one don't always know what TNC is on
the other end of a connection, especially when things get cobbled
together in response to an emergency deployment.
It's just audio you can run into any TNC. I'll try it one of these
days but I don't expect it to be much more than running the list
output of the TNC function through a line counter (wc -l)

These days it's not unreasonable to record all the audio of a channel
for future testing.

Bill

Bill

Bob Nielsen <n7xy@...>

On Aug 25, 2014, at 10:38 PM, 'Rudy Benner' rudy@... [UniversalDigitalRadio] <UniversalDigitalRadio@...> wrote:

I have repeatedly tried to unsubscribe from this group, by all the usual approved methods.
If you configure your mail program to display all of the normally-hidden headers, you will see:

What this means is that you need to send an email to
UniversalDigitalRadio-unsubscribe@...

You should then receive a message requiring you to reply in order to complete the unsubscribe process.

Bob, N7XY

"John D. Hays" <john@...>

Rudy has been successfully unsubscribed.