Topics

AMBE3000 and BlueDV

Jim Brown <w5zit@...>

I am trying to get the AMBE server at BlueDV to see my new AMBE3000 dongle.  I am running Win7 and the FTDI driver finds the dongle OK and assigns COM 14.  I set COM 14 in the AMBE server from BlueDV and leave the baud rate and port set to default, but when I start the server, it does not find the AMBE3000.  I am stuck at this point trying to get BlueDV working with the AMBE3000.

I realize that this forum is not responsible for the BlueDV third party software, but thought someone else might have run into this same problem and have a solution.

Thanks - 73 - Jim W5ZIT

BlueDV can talk to the ThumbDV directly or through AMBEserver, but not both at the same time.  If you have setup a working instance of AMBEserver then in BlueDV select AMBEserver, not AMBE3000.  If you want to use ThumbDV directly from BlueDV, make sure the AMBEserver is not active and select the AMBE3000 option along with the correct COM port and baud rate (460800 for current ThumbDV).

On Fri, Jul 27, 2018 at 11:09 AM, Jim Brown via Groups.Io <w5zit@...> wrote:
I am trying to get the AMBE server at BlueDV to see my new AMBE3000 dongle.  I am running Win7 and the FTDI driver finds the dongle OK and assigns COM 14.  I set COM 14 in the AMBE server from BlueDV and leave the baud rate and port set to default, but when I start the server, it does not find the AMBE3000.  I am stuck at this point trying to get BlueDV working with the AMBE3000.

I realize that this forum is not responsible for the BlueDV third party software, but thought someone else might have run into this same problem and have a solution.

Thanks - 73 - Jim W5ZIT

Edmonds, WA
K7VE