Topics

Amplifier Product

bhhoyer@...

Hi All,

I'm busy finalizing the PA stage and in the process I built a driver amp so my 0 dBm tracking generator can drive PA modules at 50 mW (17 dBm).

I have the layout sitting in a folder and I was wondering if I'm the only guy that needs this:

Amplifier:

Frequency: 50 MHz to 6 GHz

Gain: 20 dB

Power: 1 dB compression at ~ 20 dBm

Supply: 5 VDC @ ~75 mA

NF: 3 dB at 900 MHz

It's based on the ADL5542 from Analog Devices. They want $100 for an unpackaged eval board.

We could put it in a case with SMA in/out and sell it for $40 including a Bias Tee so you could power it over the coax.

Also thinking about an LNA in the same form factor ...

Let us know if this might be interesting and what you would do with it.

Inquiring minds want to know ...

K7UDR

Dave <dave@...>

  The spec sheet says it can be used down to 20 MHz.

Dave - WB6DHW

On 5/7/2015 2:22 PM, bhhoyer@... [UniversalDigitalRadio] wrote:

[...]

Robert Copelan <rcopelan@...>

Brian,
I'm didn't make it through EE (changed majors to computer science) so maybe this is a stupid question.   Would your device be useful when put on the end of a DVMega or DVAP as an amp?    I have heard that this is not a good idea since the signal out isn't clean enough to be amplified but not sure about that either.

Thanks for the feedback.
Robert

On Thu, May 7, 2015 at 5:22 PM, bhhoyer@... [UniversalDigitalRadio] <UniversalDigitalRadio@...> wrote:

[...]

myyahoo@...

I would buy one!

Something that wideband could be subject to swamping around here, I might want a filter in front of it - but it would be worth experimenting with, so to option of a power tee would be welcome. Looks useful as a driver amp, too, for some SDR experiments.

- Richard, VE7CVS

bhhoyer@...

That's right, it says 20MHz in some places and 50MHz in others.

Just being conservative.

Bryan

bhhoyer@...

I plan to add a LC Bandpass module as a plug-in option.

bhhoyer@...

Not recommended. besides if you wanted a DVAP amp you probably are looking for more like a watt output (also not recommended)

myyahoo@...

Excellent!

I definitely want one now. :-)

- Richard, VE7CVS