Topics

Android ?

Gary S <eli26e9@...>

Showing the thumbdv to a fellow ham yesterday, he only ask one simple question....

So when can he plug one into his Samsung Galaxy Note 4 ?

When you consider the processing power and its Android, I wonder when as well ?

Gary
vk2zbb

myyahoo@...

Nothing should stop you from plugging it in - but you have to find (or write) Android software to talk to it. :-)

- Richard, VE7CVS

pa3dfn@...

Hi all,

pa7lim has a working ircdddbgateway on android. The connection is via bluetooth to the DVMEGA and ambe3000.

The audio is now via a mic connected to the ambe 3000.

So far as I know is David working on audio via the android phone.

gr,

Philip

Gary S <eli26e9@...>

I was actually thinking for along the lines of what someone did with a windows tablet (I cant find the link at the moment..

On Monday, 27 July 2015, 0:53, "pa3dfn@... [UniversalDigitalRadio]" wrote:

Hi all,

pa7lim has a working ircdddbgateway on android. The connection is via bluetooth to the DVMEGA and ambe3000.

The audio is now via a mic connected to the ambe 3000.

So far as I know is David working on audio via the android phone.

gr,

Philip

Gary S <eli26e9@...>

Well I actually found a near usable solution:......

DV Node

Unfortunately for me (& maybe others), my currently device (which is also my most powerful) is not "rooted" and I have yet to find a solution for that. So it looks like I just have to wait till the .apk doesn't need root to be usable.

At least we are getting closer to a solution.