Topics

any news yet on mac software for the thumbdv

gm4jnw@...

Anyone got any news on the mac software yet for the thumbdv

I know they were working on it but haven't heard anything yet.

mcdermj@...

Bryan will probably roll his eyes since he's heard this before, and I'll probably be forced to light myself on fire at some point in time as well, but...

I am the author of Buster, the aforementioned Mac D-STAR reflector client that will support the ThumbDV and the PiDV.  Buster is a native (Objective C) Mac, ground-up implementation of a reflector client with an emphasis on simplicity and robustness.  It will be open sourced on GitHub upon its 1.0 release and will be officially distributed via the Mac App Store.  While I am affiliated with NWDR and they have generously supported Buster's development, this is a personal project of mine and it will not be officially supported through NWDR any more than any of the other D-STAR reflector clients.

A week or so ago I got Buster to the point where I believe it is "feature complete" for the 1.0 release.  That being said, there are still some bugs and caveats that need to be stamped out before it's ready to put into the buzzsaw that is the App Store approval process.  Since this is not my day job and I do this in my spare time, this has taken a bit more time than I would like.  I'm hoping to have it into iTunes Connect by the end of the month and we'll see how long it takes Apple to approve it after that.

I think we have enough testers at this point in time, so I won't be adding any more.  All I can ask is that you be patient and hopefully I'll have something for you soon.

I am happy to answer questions that folks have regarding Buster as I have time.

--
Jeremy McDermond - NH6Z
nh6z@...

richark@...

As one of the lucky Buster beta testers, I can tell you it will be worth the wait.....

73,
Kenny, KU7M

Les Norton <gm4jnw@...>

Thanks guys, I’m using parallels on my mac at the moment and it works but windows is not my favourite system!
Thats great news and will look forward to the release.

Thanks in advance Jeremy for all your hard work too and the beta testers for their hard work too.

Cheers
Les G4JNW

On 27 Oct 2015, at 23:23, richark@... [UniversalDigitalRadio] <UniversalDigitalRadio@...> wrote:

As one of the lucky Buster beta testers, I can tell you it will be worth the wait.....

73,
Kenny, KU7M

mcdermj@...

For those of you who have been waiting for this, Buster was approved by the Apple folks in the App Store today and it should be available at the following link:

I will be grooming the source code for release in the next little while and will be opening up the GitHub repository when it's ready for folks to see (mainly just making sure the licensing files are all correct).

Please note that while I am now a member of the NW Digital Radio team, Buster is a personal project of mine and is not supported by NW Digital Radio as a product.  Buster is a labor of love for me and any support requests will be handled on a best effort basis in my spare time.  Ultimately, folks will have the source code and can submit patches as appropriate.

k5rhd.73@...

Just downloaded it on my Macbook Air.  Made a SKYWARN contact on Reflector 33c.

Interface is simple, easy, and intuitive.  I would ask that Mouse-over info be added for functions.

Also, even though I had the drivers for the THDV installed, Buster did not see the device and had to reboot.

Great work!

73

de K5RHD

/randy