Topics

Buster on OS X 10.13 (High Sierra)?

Jim 7J1AJH

Does Buster 1.2 work properly on High Sierra?

It has been a couple of months since I used Buster on my wife's MacBook,
and now I can receive but apparently not transmit audio. The only thing
I _know_ has changed is the operating system version.

Jim 7J1AJH

Lyn

Jim,

It works fine with High Sierra on this old iMac (10.13.1 Beta right now).

Lyn - KC8I

On Oct 24, 2017, at 3:17 AM, Jim 7J1AJH <@jimt> wrote:

Does Buster 1.2 work properly on High Sierra?

It has been a couple of months since I used Buster on my wife's MacBook,
and now I can receive but apparently not transmit audio. The only thing
I _know_ has changed is the operating system version.

Jim 7J1AJH

David Edger

Works great on my 2012 MacBook running High Sierra.

Great software.

73 Dave N3CI

Sent from my iPhone

On Oct 24, 2017, at 3:17 AM, Jim 7J1AJH <7j1ajh@...> wrote:

Does Buster 1.2 work properly on High Sierra?

It has been a couple of months since I used Buster on my wife's MacBook,
and now I can receive but apparently not transmit audio. The only thing
I _know_ has changed is the operating system version.

Jim 7J1AJH

Justin Mann

What is buster?

Sent from my iPhone

On Oct 24, 2017, at 12:58 PM, David Edger <dnedger@...> wrote:

Works great on my 2012 MacBook running High Sierra.

Great software.

73 Dave N3CI

Sent from my iPhone

On Oct 24, 2017, at 10:32, Lyn <radiokc8i@...> wrote:

Jim,

It works fine with High Sierra on this old iMac (10.13.1 Beta right now).

Lyn - KC8I

On Oct 24, 2017, at 3:17 AM, Jim 7J1AJH <7j1ajh@...> wrote:

Does Buster 1.2 work properly on High Sierra?

It has been a couple of months since I used Buster on my wife's MacBook,
and now I can receive but apparently not transmit audio. The only thing
I _know_ has changed is the operating system version.

Jim 7J1AJH

Kenny Richards

Buster is a MacOS application that allows you to communicate via the DSTAR reflectors without using a repeater/hotspot. It requires a AMBE codec, like the one NWDigital sells.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/buster/id1060175273?mt=12

73,

Kenny

Justin Mann

Coo, so I have a Mac, where do I find the Ambe Codex?

On Tue, Oct 24, 2017 at 3:27 PM, Justin Mann <w9fyi@...> wrote:
Coo, so I have a Mac, where do I find the Ambe Codex?

On Oct 24, 2017, at 5:00 PM, Kenny Richards <kenny@...> wrote:

Buster is a MacOS application that allows you to communicate via the DSTAR reflectors without using a repeater/hotspot. It requires a AMBE codec, like the one NWDigital sells.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/buster/id1060175273?mt=12

73,

Kenny

Edmonds, WA
K7VE

Justin Mann

So i’ve just downloaded buster from the app store, I am also running High Sierra.  The app seems to work with  voiceover in that I was able to add a reflector and it told me that I was linked to a reflector  whenI added ref 001-c, and ref-009c, and pressed one of the buttons that voiceover showed me on the screen.  If I were to purchase the Thumb Dv Ambecoder, could it be fitted in to a USB-c interface so that I could just plug it in to the USB port on my 15” MacBook pro?  This would make it almost possible for me to get back in to d-star… :)
Thanks,
Justin

On Oct 24, 2017, at 5:41 PM, John D Hays - K7VE <john@...> wrote:

On Tue, Oct 24, 2017 at 3:27 PM, Justin Mann <w9fyi@...> wrote:
Coo, so I have a Mac, where do I find the Ambe Codex?

On Oct 24, 2017, at 5:00 PM, Kenny Richards <kenny@...> wrote:

Buster is a MacOS application that allows you to communicate via the DSTAR reflectors without using a repeater/hotspot. It requires a AMBE codec, like the one NWDigital sells.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/buster/id1060175273?mt=12

73,

Kenny

Edmonds, WA
K7VE

This would probably work, you should have some in your bag of tricks  https://smile.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01AUKU1OO/

On Oct 24, 2017 19:49, "Justin Mann" <w9fyi@...> wrote:
_,_._,_

Justin Mann

Yes I do have some adapters… So there is no soldering that I need to do… Awesome...